1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Boycott Google! 10 Reasons To BOYCOTT GOOGLE!

Discussion in 'Google' started by jquindlen, Jul 12, 2007.

1. LesFletcher

LesFletcher Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the way it is. Personally I think things are going to get a lot tougher in the next few years with more regulation. While Google is the preferred seach engine of choice, we have little choice but to try to do what they want us too.

LesFletcher, May 14, 2012 IP
  2. themedev

themedev Peon

Best Answers:
    I entirely agree with the author of this post. Google is monopolist, they advertise their services and once you try to use them, for example adsense blocks, the site is filtered by panda, penguin, maybe the next will be monkey, who knows...

themedev, May 15, 2012 IP
  3. RichardDin

RichardDin Member

Best Answers:
    The most of the first post is condensing the colors. Yes, Google gather user's data, but who doesn't? Every site out there asks your browser about OS, screen resolution, type of browser, counry. Some details are used for webmaster statistics, some - for better viewing the site from the different machines. Not only Google, but (for exmpl) PayPal gather a lot of information about you, including your country, equipment, times of visiting, and even links from your own site to other site (!!). There was an incident when PayPal has blocked an account, because there was a link to blackhat forum on the owner's site.

Fairly saying, I wonder times ago about the principle of indexing and showing pages in search engines. There effectively only 10 places for sites in every niche. But how can google rank alot of quality sites, that are worth enough to see them, using only 10-20 spots ?? How do you receive visitors to your nice site if there are thousands others? So Google provides these top 10 or 20 not for high-quality, but for the most seo-skilled sites. There isn't enough places for all the interesting quality sites for, say, forex niche.
    This is not about Google though, but about SE principles in common.

After some thought I decided not to struggle for these places, but receive traffic from other sites and social networks.
    I post articles, books, and other content. There is enough places where to get traffic.

RichardDin, May 16, 2012 IP
  4. GeoL

GeoL Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the big issues I see here is that Google is making arbitrary changes based on their business needs or plans and their viewpoint on what sort of coding practices reflect good websites.

But the SEO community is heavily dependent on Google for their revenue and traffic and takes an attitude that all websites should modify themselves to comply with Google. This pro-google attitude is understandable as it is in their self-interest.

Google zealots on the Google forums routinely attack sites that are not in the top ten and praise the top ten. When a page one listing formerly held as a good example gets bounced off page one due to an algorithmic change, it is immeditely held up as a bad example. Again, the attitude that Google is completely reasonable in their actions is assumed.

If AT&T told businesses they needed to change their catalogs or newsletters before they would all phone calls to be routed to the company, businesses would go crazy. If TV and radio networks told businesses they weren't allowed to advertise because they were mentioned on low quality websites, they'd go crazy. If billboard companies refused to take advertisements from websites that had too many keywords in their page headers, they'd go crazy. But when google does it, SEO companies just say "pay someone to modify your site".

To hit Google where they live, threats of boycott from users would have limited effect. But if websites refused connections from Google referrred traffic, it would have a more poignant impact. If even 1% of Google's traffic were intercepted at the destination site and directed to a boycott banner explaining the damage Google does to small businesses and small websites it would have massive cumulative effect on Google's perceived reliability. No ridiculous SOPA-blackout style actions, just an in your face protest of Google's ranking practices.

At the core of the problem is Google's approach that only ten websites in the world are worthy of being associated with a particular topic. Ranking in general is a failed approach that may sound good on paper, but doesn't translate well when applied to everyday life. I find Google results are becoming less relevant. Duckduckgo and Bing are just as accurate these days for most users.

GeoL, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  5. mlao

mlao Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for share your opinion with as! I will agree with you, Google starts to be something more then just a search engine!

mlao, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  6. CreativesSystemNetwork

CreativesSystemNetwork Member

Best Answers:
    Due to getting best results, it's getting monopoly in Search by google because it display best results among all search engines.

CreativesSystemNetwork, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  7. GarryGazdik

GarryGazdik Peon

Best Answers:
    so this doesn't apply to me. Of course, hitting them in the wallet hurts more than simply boycotting their sites.

GarryGazdik, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  8. premierwizard

premierwizard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is incredibly powerful bit of kit, most people who complain about Google are trying to manipulate the results...

I personally use GMail, the Calendar and the contacts, I find them to be a very useful asset. I also like what you get in the web masters tools section, I haven't got much experience in Adsense though, Used it once or twice but prefer to just create solid content with affiliate links instead.

premierwizard, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  9. nisha.bansal

nisha.bansal Peon

Best Answers:
    Google monopoly more and more snaking around people and people mind also. Even people can't think after google. The only reason is Google popularity and search result that general people really like it. So, we have to do anything in the criteria of Google. At this time this he the only way.

nisha.bansal, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  10. KayFranklin

KayFranklin Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh Yes!

I hacve stopped using google for searchs because it keeps blocking my IP address - I dont have a dedicated IP address so someone somewhere using talktalk is spamming google queries and I'm getting blocked out after 1 search. Really frustrating.

So I am using bing now.

KayFranklin, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  11. premierwizard

premierwizard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is becoming more and more attractive. The problem is though, what if Bing gained a huge amount of popularity? What if they then turned out to be just like Google? Wanting to make more money from Search Engines.

I don't honestly think their is a way around this, and that their is definitely no point in trying to boycott Google. As it's huge? That's like trying to Boycott Facebook, Unless you can offer something on a higher level, like Facebook was to MySpace. Then I don't really see Google vanishing.

premierwizard, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  12. yhe

yhe Active Member

Best Answers:
    dude! google is the best! period

yhe, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  13. mebiplob

mebiplob Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have agree with you. I think google should take a good care of these topics that you have mentioned.

mebiplob, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  14. wemowe8230

wemowe8230 Peon

Best Answers:
    In any case, our network is difficult to leave Google

wemowe8230, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  15. TheSubmissionCh

TheSubmissionCh Peon

Best Answers:
    I used GoodSearch as an alternative search engine due some of the proceeds going to charity, which is a lot more than can be said of the do evil corporation Google. Still hunting for an alternative to Youtube (Vimeo?) and Adsense right now; either my account got recently adbombed/scripted or google is so brilliant that they actively search for accounts that closely approaching 100$ payout point so they can ban them. Needless to say I am boycotting them right back right after I take down every single one of my videos from their website. - E

TheSubmissionCh, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  16. Alleysweb

Alleysweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you Geol. Google wth all their "Animal" named updates are website killers...My site have been dropped/lowered. SEO is a lot of work and all it takes is one "Animal" update and your doomed...

Alleysweb, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  17. Alleysweb

Alleysweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Geol. Google and all their "Animal" named updates are website killers...My sites have been dropped/lowered. Also, SEO is a lot of work and all it takes is one "Animal" update and your doomed...

Alleysweb, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  18. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think this will be as effective as boycotting breathing. unless some big names come along i just dont see how your going to get support. I think if google dropped from its current position, it would be open and willing to work with the people at the bottom. the attitude of google right now is that we need them, more then they need us.

FYI, if you are truely boycotting google, then you need to block all traffic from google, you cant say that your boy-cotting someone if your still taking traffic from them.

matt_62, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  19. Telesto2

Telesto2 Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think boycotting Google is that easy, maybe its not even possible.

Telesto2, Aug 26, 2012 IP
  20. santoshg

santoshg Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah i am also victim for blogger and adsence accounts

santoshg, Aug 29, 2012 IP