1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Boycott Google! 10 Reasons To BOYCOTT GOOGLE!

Discussion in 'Google' started by jquindlen, Jul 12, 2007.

1. suraja

suraja Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting, wonder how can I boycott Google. I live from them, lol

suraja, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  2. pritma

pritma Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right whatever you have mentioned, But my dear friend there is no alternate for adsense (which pay as good a adsense) But other wise your points can be consider.

pritma, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  3. bazertro

bazertro Peon

Best Answers:
    I gave ya rep for effort, but I'm sure agree with 100%.

bazertro, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  4. SqlByte

SqlByte Peon

Best Answers:
    Boycott company that made your life easier for free and let you earn money with them.
    I understand there are some problems for adsense publishers, but if there is better one choose something else.

SqlByte, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  5. Bagless

Bagless Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is the question pay as well as adsense, or just pay!

Bagless, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  6. Larenuf

Larenuf Peon

Best Answers:
    I love google.... I don't see why you have a problem with them honestly. They made me rich.

Larenuf, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  7. dbuggr

dbuggr Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of technology and innovation, Google is among the top. I do hope other companies catch up because competition is definitely good for all of us.

dbuggr, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  8. freegalleries

freegalleries Peon

Best Answers:
    i remember the days google was not here, only difference was that we were not talking google

freegalleries, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  9. kaa

kaa Peon

Best Answers:
    :) I feel very good use of the GOOGLE ah, at least I have not had poison in, it will still continue to use!

kaa, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  10. sunilmamo

sunilmamo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are only 10 or so reasons to boycott google, but there are 1000 reasons to use google.

sunilmamo, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  11. yoes_san

yoes_san Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see google become a monopoly on search engine, but not much else.

Hope I'm right though.

yoes_san, Feb 1, 2010 IP
    jquindlen likes this.
  12. tuffkid

tuffkid Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is retarded, of course they want to take over. Look at Chrome OS. Its a POS but its the first attempt at storing all your information on their servers.

tuffkid, Feb 1, 2010 IP
    jquindlen likes this.
  13. seotoolz

seotoolz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google has definitely gone evil and with fishy practices , i was a performance publisher on Google Affiliate network and had finalized earnings for last month of $4000 , and they disabled my adsense (which i took off most of my websites) for "risk of invalid clicks!" and they took the $4000 i had on Google Affiliate network
    first of all , Google affiliate network and Adsense are supposed to be totally different products , one gets you money for clicks (they can ban you and rob you for whatever reasons , worries , future worries) and the other won't pay you unless you drive sales
    the weird thing is , right before Christmas they disabled my Google affiliate network account (i had $5000 there) and 2 hours later they reactivated it and sent me an apology email
    of course everybody hears that the money you have on your adsense account will be returned to adwords advertisers (are there any adwords advertisers who got refunded here??) but what about affiliate network earnings?? they won't return it to the merchants who already sold items and paid the commission
    imagine what happened with me happens on a larger scale , and imagine the amount of free money they will make from this , and you may not hear about it because everyone who deals with Adsense , Adwords or GAN knows that you can't communicate with google and that their decisions are final and u can't do anything about it (if that motto is practiced by any small company it will be labeled as a scam company)

i don't want you to do anything , i`m just sharing my story with other publishers , maybe they find it helpful in making decisions

seotoolz, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  14. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    if there are 10 reasons to Boycott, then I've 1000 reasons to recommend Google :)

smileverse, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  15. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google does have over 60% of the search traffic so it's a good idea to be on their good side

golfpro1, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  16. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No. "Monopoly" by definition means exclusive control. Google has the major market share, but it does not have a monopoly. There are other search engines competing against Google for market share.

Jim4767, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  17. boxer126

boxer126 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't disagree with you more. I won't be boycotting the hand that feeds me any time soon. You can boycott all you want, have fun with that. Here's why (touching upon your points):

* 1 - Google is not a monopoly at all. There is plenty of competition, it just sucks. If Bing, Yahoo, etc., returned results that are anywhere near as relevant as Google's, I would consider using them. As of right now, they all suck. If I have the money to buy a Mercedes-Benz CL 600, why would I buy Toyota Camry? I use Google because it works the best, it's that simple. If they start mucking up their own results by selectively removing relevant websites, people will move to their competitors.

* 2 - Name ONE search engine that IS NOT a marketing company. This is the dumbest part of your argument. Moving on...

* 3 - If you think GMail is "Unreliable, Insecure, & Spyware", don't use it. LOL, yet another part of your rant that makes no sense. When I don't like a product, I DON'T USE IT. There's plenty of alternatives.

* 4 - Again, use an alternative if Google's privacy policy doesn't suit you.

* 5 - The Google Toolbar....really? Don't install it dumbass. If you're a person who just installs everything by default and doesn't read what you are installing, then you're just a buffoon. Un-click the checkbox and don't install the toolbar. Have you ever setup a brand new computer? The first time you run Internet Explorer, it tries to install the Bing toolbar by default. Just un-check the box.

* 6 - You already mentioned DoubleClick in * 2. If you don't like DoubleClick, don't use their technologies.

* 7 - Blogger is a free service. Don't like it? Buy a domain name and pay for your own hosting.

* 8 - Small Adsense publishers are NOT treated like crap. I'm a small Adsense publisher and Google has been nothing but good to me. That's why I've never even considered going elsewhere. And proxy sites are generally frowned upon. Yes, they are allowed based on Google's TOS, but if the proxy site is serving ads on the pages that include an iframe (I believe this is on any page a proxy site displays that isn't the home page), then that is AGAINST the TOS. Most sites that are banned from Adsense are banned for a reason. I've actually seen Google accidentally ban somebody and they investigated, reversed everything, and paid the revenue owed. You are using THEIR program, you must abide by THEIR rules or find an alternative.

* 9 - Webmasters can sell links. What webmasters can't do, is sell links for the purpose of increasing pagerank. By the way, that's what most people on digitalpoint are doing when they sell links. If Google suspects you are selling your links in an attempt to boost someone else's pagerank, or buying links to boost your own, they have every right to penalize you. It's in their TOS. All you have to do as a webmaster is add "rel=nofollow" to the link you are selling and Google has no problem with it. That tag tells search engines not to index or follow that link. Simple, people are just fucking stupid and don't do it.

* 10 - There are PLENTY of statistic gathering media out there besides Google. For the most part, Google can't track your stats if you're not using any of their technologies. So find alternatives if this bothers you. Just understand that the alternative you select, is also tracking every statistic Google would be. You're blaming Google because most people use their technology.

In conclusion, your rant is idiotic and retarded. You can boycott Google if you'd like, but your reasons hold no ground. I have no idea why anyone would agree with you on any of these points. They are clearly just blindly following your reasoning without actually thinking about it. This is another quote I find HILARIOUS that I had to comment on:

a) Google doesn't care how you run your business, but if you're using their technologies, they have every right to make sure you are following certain guidelines. If you don't like their guidelines, use something else! Don't you understand you don't have to use Google for anything? You won't get paid as well, but that's your problem. I'm sure they wouldn't care if you left because you wanted to do something against their guidelines.

b) Then don't create the account. Use Bing, that'll get you nowhere. LOL

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    boxer126, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  18. adsensegetback

adsensegetback Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, to say I don't agree many of these points. I've seen that often people are angry with Adsense only after their Adsense accounts have been disabled. That is "no big deal". It is easier to open an Adsense account again. So don't lose hope and continue treading on. I am always available to help :rolleyes:

adsensegetback, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  19. hum12

hum12 Peon

Best Answers:
    no i dont want to boycott google because it is a very use full search engine and i really enjoying use google

hum12, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  20. Meedan

Meedan Member

Best Answers:
    Google is going big.

This is what I read on their FAQ Page ...

https://www.google.com/policies/faq/

Today, I also saw the great Google Dashboard. https://www.google.com/dashboard/?hl=en

I don't think I can stop myself from using Google.

The situation is if I open my Internet Explorer / Firefox & if I don't see Google as my homepage, I do feel uncomfortable.

Meedan, Jan 25, 2012 IP