1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bouncing Rate

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by teohcl, Mar 14, 2010.

Anyone here has any idea what is Bouncing Rate in Analytics? If yes, what is the ideal rate? Please help if you know the answer. Thanks

teohcl, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  2. lordbyrone07

lordbyrone07 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the number of visitors that exit your site. I'm not sure about the ideal rate but it should be between 60-70%.

lordbyrone07, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  3. jagadishthaker

jagadishthaker Peon

Best Answers:
    I read some were on SEO expert blogs that the ideal bounce rate in below or equally to 25%, 30% to 50% bounce rate is cause of concern and more than 50% is not acceptable.

Thanks!

jagadishthaker, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  4. lordbyrone07

lordbyrone07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the clarification mate! :)

lordbyrone07, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  5. Mpor

Mpor Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is any visitor that didn't click on any link inside your website but clicked out (or "back")

Mpor, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  6. jbandp

jbandp Peon

Best Answers:
    Low bounce rate is good, as this means visitors are navigating through your site, as opposed to going to it, then leaving right away. A high bounce rate, like 40% + is really bad.

Mine has been like 18-20% and is now rising to as much as 37% due to IP problems with my host. This is killing my traffic as I am losing about 35% of my traffic each day. BTW in google analytics, when you select bounce rate in the dashboard, it has a link with tips to reduce your bounce rate on the bottom of the page.

jbandp, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  7. khongwir

khongwir Peon

Best Answers:
    Its the rate of one click/visit visitors. The ones who view your page (usu homepage) and exit. Mine is 43% on the average. Below 50% is always good. Try to add more content to your homepage. Avoid Flash and Too many images. People would leave your site just seeing the Loading bar go on and on.

khongwir, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  8. Michael-DK

Michael-DK Peon

Best Answers:
    #5: I think you are correct. Check also entry page and exit pages, very interesting. You see, where your visitors enter your site and where they exit your site.

Michael-DK, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  9. Thomasan

Thomasan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing knowledge.

Thomasan, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  10. teohcl

teohcl Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the clarification. Now I have better idea on what is Bounce Rate. Thanks Again.

teohcl, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  11. aldash

aldash Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some instances where you want a higher bounce rate. If, for example, you have an affiliate site that is designed to direct customers to a merchant site for more information and purchasing, you want them to click away to that site.

aldash, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  12. khalidh

khalidh Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is the percentage of single-page visits or visits in which the person left your site from the entrance (landing) page. Use this metric to measure visit quality - a high bounce rate generally indicates that site entrance pages aren't relevant to your visitors. The more compelling your landing pages, the more visitors will stay on your site and convert. You can minimize bounce rates by tailoring landing pages to each keyword and ad that you run. Landing pages should provide the information and services that were promised in the ad copy.

Based on this definition, Bounce rate is calculated as follows:
    Bounce Rate = Number single page visits / Total number of entrances to that page

khalidh, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  13. spymobilephonesoftware

spymobilephonesoftware Member

Best Answers:
    Bouncing rate always depend on visitor, if visitor don't means your website, then it will be leave in between, bounce rate also depend on content, how to used your content for your website. your website content if informative and pages is good to give good idea to visitor then it will be good bouncing rate, means visitor spend lot of time for check it, its requirement. bouncing always be low of 40%. if maximum then problem in content and also where your website is got visitor there is no relevant category

spymobilephonesoftware, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  14. pengerik

pengerik Member

Best Answers:
    A bounce rate of 60% - 70% means 6-7 out of 10 don't find your site interesting enough after first page.... so the lower the better, and a very important factor to check when working with pages and content. It's a sign you should not overlook!

pengerik, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  15. quickdesigns

quickdesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for the info. i just starting using Google analytics. all i know about bouncing rate is how long the visitor stay at your site. and the lower the bounce rate.. the better

quickdesigns, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  16. EdenDD

EdenDD Peon

Best Answers:
    Consider a bounce rate just like say a tennis player bouncing a ball before he/she serves, the ball hits the ground and bounces straight back up at them, that is how it is with the bounce rate of a web page, someone arrives at your website but "bounces" straight off without looking around the site.

EdenDD, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  17. M A Kay

M A Kay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lower is better. If you have a bounce rate below 30%, that's pretty cool. Mine is 45% on the average.

M A Kay, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  18. Blogution

Blogution Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously the lower the better but it all depends on what type of site you have. Blogs and other CMS that are structured well make achieving this easier.

Blogution, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  19. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a highly misunderstood metric.
    I have a few sites that are down around 30-40% but they are shopping sites I find this acceptable.

What I find unacceptable is some people claiming that above 50% there is a problem which is a "not the whole picture" and it really depends on the type of site you have because if you have a highly targeted micro niche that has a few pages you may find like I have conversions around 15-20 percent and a bounce of 80% plus.

What I find more important is conversions and not bounce rate.

reapr, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  20. s521545

s521545 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The ideal bounce rate should be around 40% or less than 40%

s521545, Apr 11, 2010 IP