1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

bounce rate (iframe effect) Not what you are thinking

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by omegaman66, Mar 13, 2011.

OK I have some pages that are getting visitors from google etc. But they have a high bounce rate which I obviously want to lower. I have placed an iframe on those page that contains links to other pages on my website that they might find interesting. This iframe is imbedded in the text like a picture would be... complete with border to highlight it and seperate it from the text.

Question is how is this going to affect bounce rate. Page 1 is the page in question. suggest.htm is the page in the iframe. Page 2 is linked to from the suggest.htm page.

Page 1 and 2 both have google analytics code on them, the suggest.htm page does not because it is only 3 lines of info that fits in a box... not really a page in the traditional sense.

So if google sends a visitor to page 1 and they click on the link in suggest.htm and it via _top changes the page 1 to page 2. Will that lower the bounce rate for page 1.

I hope that is clear.

omegaman66, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  2. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    It will be as if the user went from page 1 to page 2 via a link from page 1's HTML. The fact that the link is fired from suggest.html in an iframe will not make a difference.

However you might like to consider that search engines are likely to be fairly confused by this arrangement - can you not just pull out suggest.htm's content using a PHP include or similar? Do you have to use iFrames?

carleisenstein, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  3. omegaman66

omegaman66 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would but it is on an html page and not a php page.

omegaman66, Mar 13, 2011 IP