1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bought a data cable on eBay

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Hade, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Hade

Hade Active Member

Best Answers:
    It was about $24 in total, but it's the principle of the thing rather than the money. If I've been mislead, and other people are gonna be mislead too, I don't care if it's $1, I'll fight my case.

Hade, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  2. nickstan

nickstan Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, if he say he would unlock any other phone, you should start an ebay auction telling people you are unlocking their phones. When they send you the phone, you just send him the phone you get. He unlocks it, you send it back and you profit from his services ;)

Scamming a scammer, hehe!

nickstan, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  3. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    You saw the terms. There is nothing you can do about it. It sounds very fair to me, i mean the terms do.

He kept his end of the bargain, and you kept your end...until now.

Rob

Robert Allen, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  4. Hade

Hade Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. I wanted a cable to unlock phones and I ended up with a single unlocked phone.
    I figured since he'd said he'd unlock it "FREE" I thought he'd do that free, not swap the cable for it.

I could have get my phone unlocked much cheaper than that!

Hade, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I actually sell cables on eBay, though not the kind that you bought. I do not think that you will have much of an argument with eBay or Paypal (assuming that is how you paid) since his auction clearly stated his terms and conditions. Of course, if his entire game is to sell people a non-working cable and then get it back while opening up their phones, a pattern of this would develop in his selling history. It is possible, though unlilkely, that eBay/Paypal could investgate him for 'bait and switch' auctions.

Your best bet is to threaten a negative feedback, though that will not be of concern to him if he has a lot of feedbacks already. My guess, however, is that this seller already has a 'story' in his feedbacks that would have alerted you to his tactics before you purchased from him. Good lesson for future purchases on eBay.

jrbiz, Oct 30, 2007 IP