1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Boston Bombings

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Apr 16, 2013.

1. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
    grpaul, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hell, why even waste money on a trial? Lets just pull his fingernails and his teeth out one at a time until he tells us everything he knows, and then shoot him.

Everyone that was tried in the days of Lincoln knew their fate within three months. The sixth amendment guarantees a right to a speedy and public trial, whether you shot a president, set bombs off at a foot race, or have been falsely accused of a crime.

Obamanation, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And what is your criteria for "no doubt"? Can this criteria be manipulated in the future for political ends?

Look, these people hate our way of life, government, and system of justice.They want to induce the USA into chaos and anarchy. In many Islamic countries run by extremists, dissidents are tortured until death.

Subjecting this guy to a trial, where he is represented by a lawyer, shows these Islamic extremists that we are not like them. Our laws endure because we are not like them.

Corwin, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  4. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Careful, don't wanna offend anyone. . . ;-)

grpaul, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  5. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I couldn't care less about not offending them, or anyone else. I don't want to become them.

6. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    O-Nation: you have the ability and the desire to politicize a shoelace.

Rebecca: That is an interesting perspective.

In my heart I'd like it if they got to question him and he tells them all. Then somehow he is placed in a pen with mad angry killer dogs.

As a legal situation I think he should be tried. Found guilty and killed...quickly.

A trial distinguishes us from all the tyrannies that reign across the earth.

Again kudo's to the personnel and systems that uncovered these guys. By contrast the bomber in the 1996 Olympics was not captured till 2003. Its outstanding all these resources and methods uncovered these guys fairly quickly. They were bad m' f*ckers and deserve to die.

earlpearl, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  7. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Touche. I've been lingering about the daily beast, where everything can either be attributed to right wing lunaticts (wingers), or left wing retards (libtards). Sorry for bringing the angst here.

8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    Rebecca, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  9. Pak U Tube

Pak U Tube Active Member

Best Answers:
    Latest News 10 People are still serious in hospital.

Pak U Tube, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  10. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    US Atty Eric Holder just announced that the terrorist *can* face the death penalty for
    using a device that caused mass destruction, and causing death, and injuries....

You may think that mass. does not have the death penalty, and that is true on the
    state level, but on the federal level, this dude can face the death penalty....

at this point, this simply means the govt can seek the death penalty....
    it does not mean he will get the death penalty, but the option is on the table...
    this dude may end up with a plea deal to save his life from the needle....
    either way, he will get life in prison, either way, he dies in prison.

dscurlock, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    That all sounds accurate. A few decades ago, this guy would have already been read his rights and turned states evidence against any other members of his cell (assuming he is a member of a cell) in a plea deal to save his life.

Today, we can't even get a straight story from our news media as to his physical condition when he was captured. As Rebecca pointed out, according to our very credible media outlets, he either shot himself in the face and lived, tried to cut his own throat, is in critical condition and non-communicative, or walked out of that boat on his own power and hurled foul language at his captors. If trust in the media and the government was already low going into this thing, it is lower still right now.

Obamanation, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  12. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    Since there were no media at the point of capture its all speculation, leaks, rumors, etc.

If it was up to me I'd get the team(s) in there to question him, once he can communicate, if he can now or can't. (I don't know and don't care)

Now if they couldn't get anything out of him and it was up to me...he'd be chained to that bed and I'd forget to feed him.

Now if they did get stuff out of him....he'd be chained to that bed and I'd forget to feed him.

On an official basis I'd want to try his bad @ss butt.

earlpearl, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  13. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I agree. Put him in a pen with Caucasian Shephard Dogs. They are used to hunt bears and are vicious and huge!! No lil tiny pit bulls for him. ha

superrichguy, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  14. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    It looks like your opinion aligns well with those of Fox Viewers.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...eat-boston-marathon-bombing-suspect-as-enemy/

I was rather shocked to find this line of thinking seems to span the political spectrum, including quite a few of the "anti-big government, civil liberty, tea Party" types on a few other forums. More than a few liberal media outlets didn't even bother reporting that the guy would not be read his Miranda rights, access to an attorney, or have the right to remain silent.

15. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Alan Dershowitz, Civil Liberties and Criminal Attorney explains why failing to Mirandize the bomber actually jeopardizes the chance to punish this guy to the full extent of the law.

16. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    .....hm....so maybe not mirandizing the dude could be the technicality that would let him go free. hmmm....

maybe its a plot so that if the throat impaired, can't speak SOB walks out of the courtroom b/c of a technicality...the crowd gets to rip him to shreds.

...and I certainly wouldn't mind that outcome. ;)

earlpearl, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The article O posted says, "...the police had already announced that the public safety danger was over, they had arrested everybody..." So, yes, it's possible any information Dzhokhar provided over the weekend could be ruled inadmissible in court. At least they read him his Miranda rights today when they made the initial charges against him. I think other charges will be coming.

Rebecca, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  18. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Um. . . Just a little ridiculous, ya think?

I think it's absurd that the media keeps attempting to point out that he "tried to kill himself". If the lunatic wanted to kill himself, ** HE WOULD HAVE KILLED HIMSELF **. Not rocket science.

grpaul, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Scuttlebutt says that the "Boston Bomber" is going to blame his dead brother as his defense argument. The defense will claim that the younger brother was completely under the influence of his older brother.
    They must have had a *very* close bond yes?..........By the way , this is the same older brother that he ran over while still alive in his escape attempt..........yep close bond.;)

Spoiltdiva, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  20. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Agreed.

In the media I'm also reading the motivation for the bombing was religious extremism and hatred for America. If that were the case, I wonder why the Obama administration didn't find any evidence of that seven months ago, when they made him a US citizen (September 11, 2012).

Rebecca, Apr 23, 2013 IP