1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Boston Bombings

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Apr 16, 2013.

1. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    From what I understand, Mass. does not have the death penalty.
    However, this is a Federal case of terrorism...Whos to say they
    would not elect to gas those involved....

Just remember, this is a federal case, and the feds rule over
    any state laws, if the feds want to gas them, then they should
    be able to push for that...I am not a law expert, but from what
    I understand, any fed laws can rule over any state laws in place....

Personally, I never been to a public hanging....

Until 1951, murder in the first degree called for a mandatory punishment of death. In 1951, the law was changed to allow the jury the discretion to recommend against a death sentence after considering mitigating circumstances - in which case the sentence would be life imprisonment -unless the murder was committed in connection with a rape or attempted rape, in which case the death sentence was mandatory.

During the 1970's and 80's, a series of judicial rulings eventually eliminated the death penalty altogether under Massachusetts law:

Those involved in the Lincoln assassination were hung within
    3 months; Now people like this spend upto 20 years on death row or life....

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    dscurlock, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Rebecca, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  3. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The justice system in most states is pretty sad. You can have no job, no money, and live on the streets. All you have to do is kill someone, then you get 3 meals a day, a bed, rec yard, clothes, books, and whatever else the prison wants to provide for you. All of this is paid for by taxpayers.

What is the point of keeping someone in prison for 10, 20, or 40 years? It does not "correct" the person, it costs taxpayers a lot of money, and studies have shown that being locked up actually does more mental damage to the individual in the long run.

The penalty for first degree murder should be death. And not 20 years of appeals and delays, death within a month. How anyone could feel sympathy towards individuals that choose to take innocent peoples lives, I do not know. You will never be able to convince me that throwing someone in prison on the taxpayers dime for 40 years is in any way better than death.

r3dt@rget, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  4. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    Back in the early days, if you were caught stealing a ranchers cattle on his
    property, he had every legal right to throw a rope over a tree, no sheriff, no court...

What a broken system we have today....

most of the biggest criminals are in Washington....
    rather then doing what is right and working for the people,
    they only work for themselves to stay in office...

The govt does not care what they spend money on, and they certainly
    do not care if some guy that is guilty as sin spends 20 years on death
    row just to get his conviction overturned to life at the last few seconds.....
    and they do not care that taxpayers flip the bill for them to spend life in prison....

It is one thing if people are just not sure the person is guilty but if they are 100%
    iron clad guilty, then they should face their fate within a year, not within 20 years...

Once convicted to death, I think the avg time spent
    waiting is between 12-15 years....

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    dscurlock, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  5. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recognize that area and it doesn't look like it's near the finish line. From the green face, that's 1/2 a block west from the second bombings in front of a popular bar called Whiskey's. The cameras are at the entrance to the bar. The second bombing is maybe a 15 second walk east of that camera.
    https://plus.google.com/115122546347144321069/photos/photo/5730286424869973890?hl=en

Corwin, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  6. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Massachusetts is having a terrible week. Gunshots fired on campus at MIT. Security officer was hit and taken to the hospital. As of this posting the suspect(s) are still at large, and no other details have been released.

r3dt@rget, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think they have more footage than what they're releasing. The FBI says they left a backpack in front of the forum restaurant. But I think the only pictures that have been let out are the ones now in this thread.

Source: http://www.fbi.gov/boston/press-rel...t-press-conference-on-bombing-investigation-1

Rebecca, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  8. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    More developments from MIT. Apparently two shooters shot and killed an MIT security officer. The reports are very sketchy at the time of this post. It sounds like other police were involved. A witness described seeing the suspects in a shootout with police, and using grenades or small bombs. The security officer was originally responding to a disturbance call on campus.

Sounds to me like this could have a connection with the Boston bombing. Possibly these guys planned something at MIT but were interrupted by the security guard? Why would these guys have grenades or bombs on campus if they were not planning anything? Apparently the police realize the connection, as federal agents and even the national guard was called to the scene.

Im going to bed now. Should be more details in the morning.

EDIT: Just updated the story. The MIT shooting was a seperate event tonight. 2 men shot and killed an MIT security officer. Hours later a few miles from MIT police and those 2 suspects engaged in a gun fight. A witness describes 2 men crouching behind an SUV, exchanging gunfire with police. He said the men threw what looked like grenades, and also appeared to have a pressure cooker bomb and backpacks.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    r3dt@rget, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  9. Ntech25

Ntech25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found this YouTube video of the shooting someone posted online. It's crazy how many rounds of bullets you hear going on in the background. I wouldn't want this going on in front of my house.

Ntech25, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  10. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just got a Boston Emergency call on my home phone, telling me the city is in lockdown,taxi service and MBTA are shut down, stay indoors. Watertown is 30 miles from where I live.

My neighbor was having work done to his house, the workers all packed up and disappeared.

Corwin, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  11. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of them is now dead, they are closing in on the other one.... Hope they capture him alive and squeeze his testes till his head pops off and flies into the big sky to meet with the same 30 virgins that all the same dead terrorists go to visit.

these are two bad m'f'ers.

earlpearl, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. The Forum restaurant is right next to the Starbucks and also has a fenced-in patio.

A helicopter just flew slowly over my neighborhood.

This is just unreal.

Corwin, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  13. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, the 19-year-old suspect being hunted by authorities, attended the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School.
    [​IMG]

The age and name match up, with the suspect as well as his school. He was checking in with social media yesterday. You'll also see his world view is "Islam" and personal priorities are "Career and money."

NBC's Williams says that Dzhokhar ran over his brother to get away from the firefight with police last night.

Tamerlan Appears to Have Posted a Video With an "Extremist Religious Prophecy Associated with Al Qaeda" on YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/muazseyfullah

[​IMG]

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/who-is-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-boston/64382/

Bushranger, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  14. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They haven't shut down his social media page, so feel free to leave him a message (can you write in Chechin)?

http://vk.com/id160300242

Another set of would be Islamist terrorists. Excuse me if I fall over from surprise. I doubt they have any formal affiliations to any official Al Queda cell. Just goes to show you, stupidity can be contagious.

Obamanation, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  15. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    Sure he is dead, didnt his brother run him over?

Only two ways out now...give up, or die....
    These police are not playing, they will shoot
    this guy down in a heartbeat if he resists to much....

I think we all know how this will end...
    The next move is his right now...

dscurlock, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  16. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I think I will pass, but if you want to befriend him, then good luck....

17. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    I wonder what you have to go through to be so callous that you would want to take innocent lives just to make a point. Besides killing people that were having fun, what could possibly be achieved by doing so? Is anybody going to change their lives over this apart from those directly affected? Are we supposed to blame God, or will it turn non-believers into believers? I just don't get how anybody could want to cause absolute sorrow in innocent people's lives.

Spoiltdiva, earlpearl and Rebecca like this.
  18. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Here's the Uncle interview. I thought it moving.

19. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    earlpearl, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  20. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    Gun shots fired moments after they ease up on lockdown....
    suspect #2 has been cornered in Watertown, MA....
    (at least they think it is the boston bombing suspect)