1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bookmarking Demon or Similar Question

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Hammer107, Apr 27, 2008.

Hey all....I am looking for opinions on Bookmarking Demon. I am tired of chasing dofollow blogs manually and what not and I am willing to pay for some automated software.

Who uses what....pros and cons.....source please.

Thanks.

And please don't just hit me with your cheesy little affiliate link....I want opinions from people who actually use the products. Thanks.

Hammer107, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  2. tigrs84

tigrs84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bookmarking demon has nothing to do with no-follow or follow blogs. It automatically bookmarks your sites and pages to social bookmarking sites and scuttle sites. It does what it says it does and you can get as many anchored text links as you want that way. They won't be quality high PR backlinks though but you can get a ton of them. Quantity instead of quality in other words

tigrs84, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  3. redbayron2006

redbayron2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I saw this bookmarking deamon but im a little sceptic about all this magic software that automatically bookmark your pages to social sites.
    First of all in how many sites do it submit?
    Has updates or if a social site change something this software isnt working, like myspace it change its scripts often!
    Can you submit all of your pages and i mean 1000+ of them?
    Also its lading page is a little bit weird, like constructed from a newbie.
    I dont know, its a good start but it costs around 100$ to get it, lets just wait for someone that has some expirience with it.

p.s I want to mention also that i couldnt find it in rapidshare search engine or in warez, weird if this program is usefull and many people use it.

redbayron2006, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  4. anton-io!

anton-io! Active Member

Best Answers:
    Purchased BMD a few days ago and still determining it's worth
    One great benefit is that you can create multiple profiles and submit variations of title, keyword and descriptions.
    As for the sites, tons of scuttle sites if you want to go that route.
    85% success rate on most submissions, good enough for me
    Yes - you can submit mutiple sites, multiple pages as well all in one shot - proxy option avail
    To my knowledge, this app updates roughly on a monthly basis - yes, sites do change or even not accept new registrations

Is it powerful? Yes
    Does it work? Yes
    Can it be abused? Yes

Bottom line, too early for me to say the true value, but as an organizer for bookmarking sites, it works well

anton-io!, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  5. SmithSmiles

SmithSmiles Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your assessment - I'm just starting the back link journey and I was hoping to get more input about BMD.

My mind is rather fried from learning so many new things at once. Can you tell me how hard it was to learn how to use it, as I don't want to buy new software that just sits there because it's too complicated to figure out.

Thanks.

SmithSmiles, May 2, 2008 IP
  6. megler

megler Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought the program today and here's my review:

I had to actually watch the 2 minute video to figure out how to use the thing. It wasn't as user friendly as you would think. It's not hard, either, but you have to see the video to get that "ah-ha" moment and then you're off to the races. like I said, it's like 2 minutes.

My biggest complaint about BMD is the lack of "real" bookmarking sites. No propeller, reddit, stumbleupon, digg, technorati, etc. More of the 2nd tier players like Mister-Wong. The DO have del.icio.us, google and yahoo.

Also, it took me over an hour to find working proxies. Another pain. That's not a software defect, just the nature of proxies, I suppose. Really, that should only be an issue if you are trying to bookmark under multiple profiles.

Things I LIKE about BDM - I DO use multiple profiles - really because I'm too lazy to find 10 friends to tag me and get the ball rolling. (new blog). BDM makes the creation of multiple profiles super easy compared to socialposter.com where it can take forever to get through each form.

Randomization - You can randomize your titles, keywords and descriptions to cut down on being flagged. You can randomize your userids.

There is a seperate video that shows how to create multiple profiles to also cut down on being flagged. it was all easy enough.

BOTTOM LINE: Would I recommend this program? Actually, I have emailed them and requested a refund unless they plan on adding some significant bookmarking sites in the July release. (the next big update). I bought this wanting to automate my reddit, propeller, etc posting - and if it hit the other sites, then great. But what I got was the other way around.

If you don't care if you post to tier one bookmarking sites, then I would absolutely recommend it. With about an hours worth of work setting up and getting used to the program, you can save yourself a ton of time down the road. If you're like me and really only want the "top" sites, then at least right now, this isn't the program for you.

megler, May 27, 2008 IP
  7. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also looking to buy this software. Will post my review once I buy it and have used it for a while.

peepin2me, May 27, 2008 IP
  8. mojtata

mojtata Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using this for a while.
    Its far the best bookmarking tool you can get for that price.It would be much expensive if they have more sites than 20 - nobody can afford to update drivers on more than 20 sites for more one time 100$ fee.

The best thing will be if they can add more sites - 50 or 100 but toll then should become monthly fee.

Best bookmark is always manual,but this tool can help to get link to your feeder sites and there are no better option available.

mojtata, May 27, 2008 IP
  9. Raithe

Raithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the sites it submits to are crap, however you can build a lot of little links for zero work.

Raithe, May 27, 2008 IP
  10. newmannewy

newmannewy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recently purchased this too and to be honest it does what it says it does. But it also kinda lacks a lot.

It needs a serious overall.. IT looks a bit tired and unloved, im guessing the guy is too busy to update it at the moment properly.

It needs more sites to submit too.. Especially the top ones

newmannewy, May 27, 2008 IP
  11. jimbob

jimbob Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarks Demon (socialbookmarks.biz):

The software is useless to me without capthca verification - how many social sites do you think you can auto submit to without capthca verification. Not many I can tell you but nothing was mentioned of this on the sales page of this site nor was it mentioned that you would have to install this software on a server or pay to have it done.

I mailed the owner and he refuses to give me a refund even though it states on his webpage, rather misleadingly that
    "Moneyback Guarantee - I'm so proud about Social Bookmarks Demon, that I offer full money back guarantee for 7 days. For example, if Social Bookmarks Demon will build so many backlinks that your servers will not handle premium traffic anymore, just ask for full refund!"
    from this webpage : socialbookmarks.biz

I feel cheated - definitely stay away from this software its a SCAM !

jimbob, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  12. anton-io!

anton-io! Active Member

Best Answers:
    'Social Bookmarking Demon' has captcha.
    'Social Bookmarks Demon' is a different service?!? (Affiliate maybe)

bookmarkingdemon.com is the original - still working here

anton-io!, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  13. DianeS55

DianeS55 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not heard of Social Bookmarks Demon, and this thread is NOT about that software. Very sorry you did not get your money back. Edwin is the developer of Bookmarking Demon and is trustworthy and has given refunds when necessary. Bookmarking Demon does handle captchas, and quite well. Bookmarking Demon is the best automated social bookmarking submission software I have used. I recommend it highly.

DianeS55, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  14. Jackie_W

Jackie_W Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    agrred - BMD is a little tricky to learn at first - best to walk before you can runbut once you get the hang of it it works just great :D only time consuming parts are a) creating new accounts for the submission sites and searching google for new (working) sites to add to your portfolio.

Jackie_W, Jun 19, 2009 IP