1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bookkeeping blunders: Share your most memorable (and amusing) financial mishaps!

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Dimitar Petkov, Dec 19, 2022.

Hey everyone,

I'm curious to know if anyone has any funny or memorable bookkeeping stories from their ecommerce business. I know that keeping track of finances can be a serious matter, but it doesn't have to be all dry and boring. Do you have any amusing anecdotes about misplacing receipts, accidentally double-charging a customer, or any other bookkeeping mishaps? How did you handle the situation and what did you learn from it?

Let's lighten things up and share some of our amusing bookkeeping experiences!

Dimitar Petkov, Dec 19, 2022 IP
  2. Freddie Cook

Freddie Cook Peon

Best Answers:
    One of my most memorable financial mishaps happened when I was running my own small business.
    I had decided to use QuickBooks to manage my business' finances, but I had never used the software before. After a few weeks of using it, I had made a few mistakes and was feeling really frustrated.
    One day, I decided to try to delete some of the transactions I had made in QuickBooks, thinking it would help me get everything organized. Instead of just deleting the transactions, however, I ended up deleting the entire account I had set up.
    It took me hours to recover the account, and I had to call a customer service representative to help me. Needless to say, it was a disaster and a huge financial mistake!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2023
    Freddie Cook, Jan 1, 2023 IP