1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bomb attack in holiest Hindu temple town (Varanasi) by Islamic terrorists

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by DharmaSeo, Dec 7, 2010.

1. borber

borber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You really think so?! It seems to me everyone needs to be blind to believe that. Terror now unfortunately has religion, and all of us know which one.

borber, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  2. proseowriter

proseowriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @Will.Spencer: Agree with you.

@Borber: Yes Borber, agree with you. Sadly, we have thousands of politically blind people around.

@masterrio : Your comments are only for the argument's sake. I knew u r not a Muslim but non-muslims like you are are equal to those terrorists. Look at Sweden, the once secular country is facing shit load of trouble from Muslim immigrants. Teenage girls are being raped, boys are killed and elderly couple are murdered at home, thanks to the secular mindset of Sweden.

No, I don't have to search and find out who you are because at this thread, I know you are supporting the wrong cause.

For everyone who believe Muslims are tolerant and secular, this link will give a better picture.

"http://www.scribd.com/doc/6015571/Indian-Mujahideen" and "http://islam-watch.org/JihadiUmmah/Indian-Mujahideen.htm"

If someone argues that this is only the case of Indian Mujahideen, they are being stupid. This is the mindset that Islam spread to their children all over the world, be it Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Somalia, The whole African Content, The Middle East and Europe. This is how most Muslim kids are growing up and all they care is, death of those who do not embrace Allah and Islam.

If Islam was a political ideology and had a political party, most countries in the world would have banned it. In a political perspective, Islam is worse than Hitler's Nazi party.

proseowriter, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  3. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not going to debate on how terrorism started, I would rather put it as - the Islam religion's flaws/barbaric customs have been exploited by the greedy and psychos.

I said poverty is one of the cause and not the ultimate cause. Money makes them do anything. When u give bread to some kid who hasn't eaten for weeks would do more to get more and probably do anything for the sake of his/her family.

Yes, there are richer and well educated terrorists which is another scenario and most of them are either provoked or exploited by the ill-minds. Till the day they learn to differentiate a good and a bad they would continue getting exploited, education or money is out of question over here.

There is a difference between "terror motivated by a religion" and a religion which is a terrorism. Religion is totally made a scapegoat by lunatics who are exploiting the innocent ones too.

so what do u want ? You want every living non-Muslim to hate Islam and spread more hatred around the world ?
    Spreading love is the only way to change some one and not hatred. (not talking w.r.t terrorists or anti-govt/religion orgs)

**I would advise u to refrain your statements when u compare some one to a terror fold. I strongly object that.

There is of course an in-stability openly invited when u have a huge no.of immigrants especially multi-religious ones. You are falsely implicating, as if all those rapists and murders are committed only by Muslims ? The world's leading no.of rape cases are reported in USA. So, now ur next statement would be bcoz of muslims there are more rapes in US too ? When an immigrant is allowed to enter the state, the state must be aware of its future problems and take necessary steps to curb the problems in early state. Muslim community especially males are considered superior, which every one knows - they must be given a strong statement on how to live and how not to. If a govt. has failed to do that, then its their fault.

yes, I agree there are folds which spread Islam and their way of spreading the religion is more barbaric compared to the spreading of christianity or any other religion for that sake. I already stressed earlier, this religion "Islam" is an outdated religion and it has failed to modernize. I never "support for" any religions barbaric customs, I strongly condemn some practices such as "Sharia law,Burqa or underage sex" in Islam and I have raised my pitch on various occasions on DP about the same. Jihad was never meant to be used as an weapon to those who aren't supporting their religion its just been a term heavily exploited by the terrorist and crack heads.

But to hate a religion because of its laws/customs just makes us barbaric. One must be educated and well-versed what to take and what not to. One has to always remember, most of the religions are ages old and they were formed based on "then requirements", so u can't possibly apply the same over here.

I will just cite u an example, in Hinduism there is an tradition called "Sati", which means when a husband dies wife has to give away her life on the burial ground. If this was acceptable by the girl then its a little "Atleast" ok to sound but this used to be a forced custom where the girl even if she wants to live she can not she would be forced to jump into fire with her husband's body. This custom was opposed by the learned and freedom fighters in the later era, which actually brought down the custom to a few numbers.

You can't compare a terror outfits ideologies to a regular human, that makes u no better than a out-and-out hater. You can't be determining all muslims are violent or all are in-tolerant. Yes, there may be a majority who are more in-tolerant compared to other religious people but not all !!!

Its one birth right to be respected ir-respective of their religion and you can't add a tag to them just because they follow some tradition or a religion.

sill stick to my stand, "religions are not terrorist outfits" they are basically exploited the dirty thinkers who spread false msg trying to force every one to believe in their ideologies..

peace!!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
    masterrio, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  4. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes exactly that. An ideology such as Islam deserves to be hated to the core. Are you saying you wouldn't hate a book/ideology that encourages exploitation of women, gay killing, pedophilia directly? I would. I don't get how you can defend Islam and still have your "conscious say you are good, and be happy with that"

Helvetii, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  5. proseowriter

proseowriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @ masterrio: I can see that you're losing your temper. Why are you not using your "peace and love" magic to convince all of us that Islam is a religion of love? By stating "**I would advise u to refrain your statements when u compare some one to a terror fold. I strongly object that." everyone can sense your threatening voice. Why are you not able to convince all of us that you are standing for the good cause through your "peaceful voice?"

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
    proseowriter, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  6. masterrio

Best Answers:
    lol! there is nothing to be losing temper about. Your comparison of free thinkers to terrorism is some thing I would strongly object and condemn even now !
    I lam not trying to convince or influence some one that some religion is of love or hatred, my point has been simple every one needs to be respected at the same levels. :)

I am against hatred at a common human.
    Its the same reason I stated, I am against barbaric customs of the religions (any religion) and their superstitions too for that matter. But I am not against a total book for a few pages of barbarism. Why not we omit or tear off those pages neither against ideologies which might spread good, leaving out the bad.

A religion can't be totally followed according to books, we have to make certain exemptions according to our convenience to fit our lives. Religion must be only a guidance factor and not an influential one. Human life isn't a theory, if some one considers it, then pity on them.

Just like our fav. quote in India we say a lot, see good, listen good and hear good ! If people can follow this, we would live ever happy ir-respective of our differences :)

masterrio, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  7. proseowriter

proseowriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @: Masterrio: You are not a free-thinker. Supporting Islam doesn't make you one. A freethinker is the one ' who implement rules or reason over social and religious influence and find the truth,' which clearly do not apply to your character.

You are heavily influenced by stereotype media coverage and political beliefs, or you know the truth but pretends as if you don't know the same. If you apply common-sense and logic, and let your 'tied up brain' think freely, you don't have to be a scientist to realize that Islam, as a religion, is a social problem and is purely driven by fascist ideologies.

On the other hand, I am a freethinker, you can say Helvetti is a freethinker or Borber is a freethinker because we came to the conclusion that Islam is religious/sociopolitical violence not because we hate that particular religion, but we applied our common sense and used our knowledge to reach such a conclusion.

proseowriter, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  8. DharmaSeo

DharmaSeo Peon

Best Answers:
    does anyone know the latest total death count? some local media reported that 6 died of injuries but cant find it in major media

DharmaSeo, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    It would be uncivilized not to hate the barbarism taught in the Quran and Hadiths. I hate murder, rape, and slavery. I believe everyone should.

This theory does not stand up in the light of a review of the Quran and Hadiths. The religion, as defined in it's founding documents and canonized scriptures, preaches murder, kidnapping, theft, enslavement, and rape. The religion isn't "made a scapegoat", it is the source of the idea that these behaviors are morally just.

Spreading love didn't get rid of the Nazi's. Spreading love works only against soft targets; hard targets will simply murder you while you are bowing and scraping before them.

In fact, according to standard behaviorist theory, spreading love in response to violence only serves to encourage violence. I know that if the penalty for murder was "love", I would be strongly tempted to commit murder on a regular basis.

Will.Spencer, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  10. masterrio

Best Answers:
    That's just gibberish.
    A free-thinker is some one who has an open mind & leaves a scope to allow ideas flow in and accepts both good/bad and has an ability to differentiate them. A hater can never be a free thinker, once the brain is filled with hatred there is no scope of free thinking.

Its one's right to follow any religion nor follow, we live in a democratic society. Individuals are capable of making their own decisions. Btw! I am not supporting Islam neither am I opposing it from some one following it. There's a big difference in that. I have equal respect to those who follow Islam and who don't, I don't differentiate people based on their religion but I do based on their way of thinking/practices.

Last but not least, I am least concerned about media, I pity the media for their TRP fight. I am fed up of media for more than a few causes and this is not a thread to debate on why I don't care about media though.

Its the same reason I asked a regular human to tear of those pages, when u can tear off those few rubbish pages u can find the good in remaining one. I am not asking people to follow a theoretical procedure on a practical life, take the good leave the bad. When we are able to differentiate what's good and what's bad for us in food why can't we do the same w.r to religions ? I am practical person and not a theoretical and I humbly and honestly expect the people to be same rather than following some barbaric standards of B.C. era.

Yes, I agree these religions are more a bizarre one compared to many others because of certain teachings and their barbaric methods. But one must learn to differentiate a good and a bad. And what to take and what no to take. If a person can learn that and especially start to spread that I am pretty confident u would see a change in the regular fundamentalists too (strictly omitting from the terrorists who might never agree a change because of their closed immature brains). I personally have good muslim friends who learned how to differentiate good and a bad, they are no terrorists and neither are influenced by the Islamic fundamentalists - they do Namaaz 5 times day - despite being good muslim with no bad habits and yah! they haven't raped any one and their households don't wear burqa too. When they have modernized and learned to cope up with the real world why not others ?

I stated earlier, terrorists are an exception and in my consideration Nazis are nothing but a group of terrorists similar to Naxalites. Naxalites were motivated by communism while nazis for their hatred-ness of jews.

If we can spread love and "really spread love" to the small and innocent ones its the first step of bringing a change in their attitudes.

In my personal view, if u can get rid of those exploited politicians and fundamentalists from the scenario, we can get honest bunch of multi-religious people living in peace and harmony.

@DharmaSEO: Totally 2 have died so far, today one died in the hospital. I am not sure about the injured list though they are varying some say 15 - 20 & some claim it as around 30 - 35.

peace!!!

masterrio, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  11. proseowriter

proseowriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @Masterrio: "Btw! I am not supporting Islam neither am I opposing it from some one following it. There's a big difference in that."

I don't think so. I believe it's your inability to make-up your mind and view things in a realistic perspective. Your thoughts sound quite outdated, especially when you talk about politicians and media. The "I don't care about them" you try to portray about you is not helping you here.

Everyone who read this thread can notice that you are being vague and are arguing for the argument's sake.

proseowriter, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  12. masterrio

Best Answers:
    Its not my in-ability but its my ideology and I am not going to hate some religion because a bunch of freaks capitalized on some loop holes. I don't hate any religion not just Islam, I have stated this numerous times by now. Hatred never succeeds. We have to look at things from a brighter prospective and not the negative way. Hating a religion leads u no where, it just build up more enemies and you certainly aren't making any better, in helping the religious realize- what & why "their religion" is criticized and help them to better themselves.

If u look at a realistic prospective, what are u gonna gain by hating a religion ? Will ur conscious make way for hatred over love ? Hatred leaves injury marks for ever and love heals them.

I had to portray about me, my personal prospective/facts just to clear what made me up to my current stand - as u had earlier stated I was influenced by the media and some political jumbos. Answers are addressed based on their questions my dear.

*Religions may be blamed for their un-civilized customs at the same time u must not hate a religion for that. Not all the followers are so blind by it, its some thing one has to realize. Where there is good, there is bad and religion is no exception in that. One who can't differentiate are the ones to be blamed.
    I guess u r from India based on ur earlier quotes, look at APJ Abdul Kalam (former Indian President/defense scientist), MF Hussein (the famous painter, who right wing groups are totally against) - they are muslims too (just a few examples for name sake). Did they force u to preach Islam or act barbarically ? I don't think so.

By hating a religion and community we are just cornering a group rather than helping them in a way, we might show them how to live up in a civilized world. Most of the Arabic countries are barbaric because they lack of "those special ones" who could throw a light of an outside world. They are living like frogs in a well. Look at Jordan, how its progressing in overcoming the barbaric customs despite being a Islamic nation.

*vague - I am not going to show an example for each of my statements, I am not attending an interview over here :p This is just a casual chat off forum. :)
    anywayz, I am resting on the topic we already hijacked the thread by a long means from a bomb attack to religion hatred :p

13. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Masterio its not about whether you hate a religion or not but accepting the fact that the said religion is a huge motivation for terrorism. You refused to acknowledge that Islam was the motivation for the attackers in Varanasi, merely claiming that poverty is the issue. I do not hate Islam or Muslims but I do CONDEMN it for its extremist ideology. In fact, its the other way round, the ideology of Islam teaches its followers hate non Muslims and either convert, enslave or kill them.

sar420, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  14. masterrio

Best Answers:
    sar, I never denied religion is one of the major motivational factor at the current scenario but to claim that the "religion is terrorism" and all who follow the religion are freaks is wrong.

15. jas1414

jas1414 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually it not time to condemned any system it is time to be together and show them unity but is very hard to say how much we can be united because we forget soon incident and go ahead & more our politician make us fool you can take current example about Congress senior leader Digvijay's singh statement over 26/11 attack very very sad

jas1414, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  16. proseowriter

proseowriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are saying not to condemn any system and you are condemning Digvijay Singh. So what's that supposed to mean? I can also see you are condemning politicians and the public (for not having unity). Basically, you are condemning everybody!! LOL..

proseowriter, Dec 14, 2010 IP