1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bob Parsons - Godaddy CEO Shotting Elephants in Africa

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ht125, Mar 30, 2011.

Hi DP´ers

First of all, I want to say that I dont bother if I get an infraction for this post since is nothing related to B/S/T, however it MUST be here for you all to know who you are dealing with: Mr Bob Parsons from GoDaddy.com

Just check the following video showing Godaddy´s CEO shooting elephants in Africa just for fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXVH4OsfapI (Warning: Very Graphic)

This has been also reported by ABC news today

Now, is our time, I dont know what about you, but Im moving all my domains to namecheap (or any other registrar) asap, just to show what I feel after viewing where our money is going on every doman registration at godaddy

Good bye godaddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

ht125, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  2. viadmin

viadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I did not expect Bob is such a ...!@#?$

viadmin, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  3. psalgado

psalgado Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone should be made aware of what this guy did. Boycott godaddy

psalgado, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  4. goblingreen

goblingreen Member

Best Answers:
    i dont even want to watch this video!!
    if he can shoot a elephant maybe hes one of them rhino poachers aswell... this is sad.

goblingreen, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  5. Fracisc

Fracisc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sux indeed! But let's be rational, he is one guy, GoDaddy is a company and moving your domains is not the solution. If you really want to do something about this work on the main issue, not on secondary stuff and revenge.

Fracisc, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  6. ht125

ht125 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont agree, I pay for my domains to godaddy the company, then they pay Bob´s salary using that money, finally my money was used to buy bullets to kill elephants for Bob´s pleasure, I dont want to buy bullets so I will finally put my money in another company which will propably use it in a good way, like helping instead of killing. Anyway, thats my opinion and I respect yours. Hope you respect mine when I wanted to divulge his behaviour. Godaddy is dead for me, like the poor elephant was for Bob

ht125, Mar 30, 2011 IP
    jquindlen likes this.
  7. HumanVirus

HumanVirus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always knew he was an arrogant SOB but never knew.......

HumanVirus, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  8. Fracisc

Fracisc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ht125, I 100% agree that what he did was totally wrong! On the same topic I should mention that eating animals is the same shit! It is really, really bad! Here is what I am talking about. Please don't tell me that there is a difference because the only difference is in the species, they both are animals and should have the same rights.

Also, I do respect your opinion regarding the moving away and, in some limits, I even agree. BUT.. consider having a few hundreds of domains. It is a huge pain in the a** to move so many domains. What if you have hosting at GoDaddy? Moving sites is even harder (considering that they do not have cPanel and full backup). PLUS, there are transfer costs involved.

So... my opinion is that..
    - instead of finding ways to limit his founds maybe it is a better idea to find ways to make him stop
    - instead of wasting time and money to move away from godaddy, invest in spreading the word and awareness on animal rights

Once again, I hear you and I respect your point of view. This post is my perspective only and.. I am human, therefore, I am not perfect, so I might be wrong. :)

Fracisc, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  9. domainloco.net

domainloco.net Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL this is too much, it happened a year ago and you guys are just starting to notice? Namecheap.com sucks worse than 100 elephants being shot, go ahead and waste money on those transfers. Then you get stuck paying $11 per renewal, they have no coupons XD

domainloco.net, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  10. ht125

ht125 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    actually, godaddy "com" renewal is $11.99 but is $9.98 at namecheap
    anyway, im not promoting namecheap, im just talking about the arrogant godaddy ceo

ht125, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  11. aniani

aniani Peon

Best Answers:
    It didnt happened a year ago.. apparently he does this every year .. Quoting Bob Parsons from his site "Each year I go to Zimbabwe and hunt problem elephant. It's one of the most beneficial and rewarding things I do."

I just placed the transfer of few domains i have with godaddy.com to www.bigrock.com , they are providing transfers at $4.95

Coupon Code is : JUMBOSAVE

I hope this helps people in transferring their domains

Ani

aniani, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  12. domainloco.net

Best Answers:
    Funny, I've never paid more than $8 at Godaddy. Namecheap is probably the worst registrar I've ever worked with. I transferred over 100 names out of there at once. Godaddy.com doesn't kill elephants, it's the crazy CEO who is always out riding motorcycles and hunting crap. Not defending the guy, but this is a little too much stupidity about elephants! These aren't elephants you see in the ZOO guys, they are wild beasts that can kill people and destroy property.

@aniani - Check those renewal prices and their policies, they'll take you for a ride next year.

domainloco.net, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  13. aniani

aniani Peon

Best Answers:
    @domainloco.net the renewal price is $9.99 next year and i am sure i will find some coupon by this time next year to keep my prices low. My customer interface at bigrock.com looks good, better than godaddy and saved myself from tons of upsell offers also..

Ani

aniani, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  14. psalgado

psalgado Peon

Best Answers:
    @domainloco - or is domainestupido? ok, sorry, I shouldn't have said that - every one is entitled to their opinion I guess... so if you think that because they are not the "zoo" type of elephants it's okay to shoot them, then that's your opinion. I guess you think that they are somehow not as noble or beautiful or have as much right to live as the zoo elephants... Anyway, the act of stopping to do business with companies whose CEO do this kind of stuff, is one of the few ways that we, the people, can send a message that we disagree with his actions. It is unfortunate that you put a price on what those beautiful creatures are worth... When I watch their senseless killing it saddens me enough to go through the trouble, and small expense, to kick godaddy to the curb.

psalgado, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  15. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eating animals and shooting them for pleasure are not the same.
    I don't like the people who are hunting for just pleasure.
    Only some educated staff in the food industry must have legal right for hunting.

As for godaddy, I can't see a direct relation as they are an IT company and they don't make profit from hunting for fun.

makeit easy, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  16. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    Namecheap have set up a special transfer fee reduction coupon 'BYEBYEGD', which reduces the price to $4.99. They will also donate $1 per renewal to Save the Elephants charity. This is a limited offer though, read here for more :

http://community.namecheap.com/blog/2011/03/30/elephants/

Hecky, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  17. domainloco.net

Best Answers:
    You, the people, probably won't have a big effect on his hunting. He's made his millions and won't make a dollar less because you stopped regging domains with Godaddy. You have sympathy for an animal who was endangering other human beings, was killed for protection, and eaten by people who don't have access to a $17,000 rifle capable of taking such an animal down. Remember these villages rely on food the UN brings and sometimes they grow themselves. Everyone who is up in arms about Parsons killing this elephant are hypocrites! Why? Glad you asked... Because you eat meat, consume animals, and have no idea how they are killed. Regardless of how you see it, this animal was not killed in vain, unlike other types of hunts that are put on for the sheer passion of killing.

On the other hand, companies like Namecheap.com and name.com are profiting from this animal's death by luring you in with promises of never hunting or killing an elephant... Yet you never even see who these people are, or what they do when they aren't busy trying to make a buck from you. So if you have any common sense, and have a good business foundation online, you'll see what I'm talking about. BTW that coupon for namecheap.com is only good for 10 domains, good luck wasting hundreds of dollars on expensive renewals because you felt bad about an elephant who has had no direct effect on your business or daily life.

domainloco.net, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  18. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow this is pathetic and insane.
    I have already moved all my domains from daddy to Namecheap and will be recommending all my clients to do the same as well.

Oranges, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  19. dlmoredotcom

dlmoredotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Poor elephants! However I have no choice to buy domain because godaddy is the cheapest domain provider :(

dlmoredotcom, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  20. jquindlen

jquindlen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    GoDaddy has permanently lost all my business and recommendations.

jquindlen, Apr 1, 2011 IP