1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blur on "Keyword"

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by davcheong, Oct 24, 2005.

I saw many post regarding on "keyword". Maybe i am new in this web, actually i want to know :

1. What is "keywords"?
    2. Where do we put these keywords?

Really hope someone could helpout.

davcheong, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword is a word that you want to be found for when someone searches on a search engine. For example, if you've got a site about Ford Mustangs, then "Ford" "Mustang" and "Ford Mustang" might all be keywords you should target. You want these keywords on the pages your building as much as possible, and to use these keywords in your anchor text links.

Thats how search engines finds results. If you search on Google for a particular phrase (keyword), it searches for page titles, page text, backlinks with that anchor text, etc. to give you your results. Obviously you want your pages and links optimized for whatever keywords you want to be found for.

mdvaldosta, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  3. davcheong

davcheong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see. So do my webpage contents would be the keywords of the search engine? I still confuse is that most post mentioning putting keywords some place, but is is that they are mentioning about the meta?

4. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    No, not the meta. Meta keywords don't do anything for you with the major search engines anymore.

Ok, try this. If you want people to find your particular web page by searching for "Ford Mustang" then you want the words "Ford Mustang" to appear as many times as possible on that page, and that page to have "Ford Mustang" preferably in the title and H1 headings as well. You want to use those "keywords" as many times as possible without making it look like your spamming (like putting Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang over and over at the bottom of the page).

A good idea would be to search for a term on Yahoo and look at the top listed pages. Look at how they have your search term in various places on the page your looking at.

5. davcheong

Best Answers:
    cool man. really good advice. i got some idea of it. Will try it out now. Really thanks alot.

Do you know anything bout the adsense? infact i am facing some problem on it too. Seem like it sometimes show ads sometimes show blank. What could i have done wrong?

6. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Your welcome dude, sorry can't help with the adsense. Many folks here are good with it though. My only guess would be G only allows text ads to be shown once per page I think, and may have rules on other type ads.

7. davcheong

Best Answers:
    cool.. Thanks anyway. Really appreciate your help. I will try start a new thread on my issue on Blank Adsense.

8. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    iskandar, Oct 24, 2005 IP
    obenix likes this.
  9. davcheong

Best Answers:
    wow.. cool info. thkx iskandar.