1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bluehost users I need some help

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by love_bug, Jul 26, 2010.

I am thinking of moving my site to a new host, probably to bluehost, cos my old host is having a server 500 error problem it's not always there but it has started showing up too often and they aren't doing anything to correct it.

So, my mysql db is about 200 mb.. it's not big but i might face problems importing them in new host, cos I have to import them manually using myphpadmin.. So I just wondering what are myphpadmin import limit in bluehost or in any other good webhosts. cos my old host only allowed like 2,048 KiB Maximum.

Thankx.

love_bug, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  2. julienetspock

julienetspock Guest

Best Answers:
    What was your control panel ? if that was cPanel, you shouldn't have any problem (with backups)

For my php admin , it's not limited

julienetspock, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  3. HostXNow

HostXNow Active Member

Best Answers:
    200mb for mysql database is quite big for shared hosting really, especially for hosts that overload their servers a lot. Maybe try a host that doesn't offer so-called unlimited space and transfer. Then you should get better uptime, etc.

HostXNow, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  4. inspiroHost

inspiroHost Peon

Best Answers:
    Is your old host also Cpanel-based? You could ask BlueHost to transfer the entire account for you (most hosts do this for free).

inspiroHost, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  5. WebIntellects - Rob

WebIntellects - Rob Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that only web hosting company will be able to help you to solve this problem, not their users. Just contact your web host now.

WebIntellects - Rob, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  6. travelguides

travelguides Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll probably have issues uploading a DB of that size via phpmyadmin on any server. You can, however, import large DBs via shell if Bluehost allows that. If not, their support should offer to do it if they're really interested in your business. Do let them know about this situation before you pay them and get them to commit.

travelguides, Jul 28, 2010 IP