1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bluehost - Domain expiry doubt

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by spideynumber01, Jun 17, 2010.

Hi mates,

I registered my first domain name for 3 years with bluehost. Bluehost says "'Free Domain forever"' in its website and i registered. But, when i check in my domain manager it shows

Domain expiry: 1 year
    Host expiry: 3 year

So, Does this mean my domain will be expired in 1 year and every year i have to pay them? This is contradictory to its message "'Free Domain forever"'. Did i misunderstood anything?

Can anyone help me on this expiry date confusion and tell me when i have to pay for my domain and hosting again?

spideynumber01, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  2. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know about Bluehost but this can be similar to my experience at Servage, offering free domain for life.

In my control panel the free domain was due to renewal on the account creation anniversary and at the deadline, I received an email from Servage saying "We renewed the domain for you so you can keep enjoying free domain for life"

The domain expiration date was always setup to the next year but when renewal was due they paid for it so it was truly free for the five years I was hosted there.

Bluehost probably is the same and they will renew it for you when renewal comes up.

Mystique, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  3. spideynumber01

spideynumber01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. They are doing opposite to what they said in their website.

spideynumber01, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  4. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's no option at enom to "Register Domain For Life"

I assume that in the terms and conditions, it says something about "Free domain for life with the duration of your hosting with us!" or they renew it every year regardless.

bk871, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  5. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    any host that offer a free domain name for life with any web hosting plan is actually free till you are hosted with them.

If you cancel your web hosting plan, they will not renew your domain name.

If you don't renew your web hosting plan, they will also not renew your domain name.

aap, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  6. spideynumber01

spideynumber01 Peon

Best Answers:
    my hosting plan is for 3 years with bluehost. but, my domain expires in 1 year. It should also be 3 years as per your clarification. but, it isn't.

spideynumber01, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  7. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, it should be three years.
    May be you need to open a support ticket at bluehost to renew your domain name.

aap, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  8. domainia

domainia Peon

Best Answers:
    ...forever as long as you pay for hosting account with us. They will probably renew it at the anniversary date but if you paid hosting 3 years ahead, i would not take a chance and contacted them

domainia, Jun 20, 2010 IP