1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bloids.com - Please appraise

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by tonyfloyd, Jul 20, 2007.

Bloids.com - Latest Celebrity Gossip, News, Rumors and Pics

Bloids as in short for Ta-Bloids...Short...Brandable name

Fully Developed Celebrity/Hollywood Site

Launched end of May 2007

Traffic Stats
    June 2007 - 4540 Unique Visitors
    Month to Date July 2007 - 6795 Unique Visitors

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Tony

tonyfloyd, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  2. SEOdir.net

SEOdir.net Banned

Best Answers:
    $0 to regfee imho, sorry.

SEOdir.net, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  3. tonyfloyd

tonyfloyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ??....can u explain how u come to conclusion of $0?

site is developed with over 8000 unique visitors per month.....

more appraisals please...

thanks
    tony

4. SEOdir.net

SEOdir.net Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh sorry I didnt checked it, as this forums is only for domain apprailsals.
    How much do you earn monthly with that ?

I think something like low/mid $xxxx now.

SEOdir.net, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  5. tonyfloyd

Best Answers:
    just recently finished developing....still doing SEO...link...etc..
    so far...$36.42 this month..

6. bluegrass special

bluegrass special Peon

Best Answers:
    Check the descriptor for the forum:

Notice the part about site as a whole, or anything else related to a website....

@OP
    I agree that the domain is brandable which is a plus. Put some effort into actually getting it branded and it will be a much better factor. Google only returned 12,800 results for bloids, and most of those were about a band (several were for your site). That is good as it means it is not in heavy usage for your meaning. If you can brand it, that will make it easier for you to control the brand.

Assuming those traffic numbers can be verified (a good buyer will ask to see actual stats so that bots and search engines can be filtered out, they can account for a lot of the traffic on a new site - even the uniques) that is pretty good for a site that age. However, two months is not enough to show sustainable traffic.

Age of the site will hurt pricing the most if you were to sell now.

Another downside is the niche. Fortunately, entertainment sites are easy to get fresh content for. Unfortunately, the niche is oversaturated and usually performs poorly on contextual ads. It's not because you don't get clikcs on the ads, but they are usually lower paying per click/view than other markets.

In my browser, the site loaded with an error and did not display the bottom ads. In addition, it would not go to the next page until I refreshed and tried again. Several images on the second page did not load. These are minor issues that could be resolved fairly easily, but until they are they would reduce the value slightly.

I would say as is, right now, $200-400. If you can maintain those numbers and hold on to the site for a year that amount could double or more. If you can get you traffic or revenue up (and sustain it for several months) you could see an even bigger return.

Of course, someone might offer higher than that. Savvy site buyers would likely offer closer to the low end. They don't pay well for new sites unless there is something extremely different, fantastic, or special about it. This is a decent site, but it isn't any of those things.

bluegrass special, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  7. tonyfloyd

Best Answers:
    thanks bluegrass...:).....what browser are u using where u get these site errors when loading page?......it looks fine ony my end...IE7.....also how do u figure out what % of the traffic is bot traffic?....are they included in unique visitor stats?...if so...how do i filter them out to see actual real traffic #'s?.....and last...which thread does this really belong in?...where should i post this type of post from now on?....not here?

thanks
    tony

tonyfloyd, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  8. tonyfloyd

Best Answers:
    looking for more appraisals....

Unique visitors month to date July 2007 is currently 7207 uniques...

thanks
    tony

tonyfloyd, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  9. bluegrass special

bluegrass special Peon

Best Answers:
    It was also IE7. It may have been my browser as I have the security settings pretty high. How are you determining unique visitors now? There may be a report that resolves the incoming ip addresses into domain names. The bots are usually pretty easy to determine (though not always). They do get counted in unique visitor stats, and can show up differently. Depending on the time period that your unique visitors are counted. Some programs report this based on daily, weekly, monthly, or longer intervals. If your program bases this on who visited in the last 24 hours, then any time a bot appeared more than 24 hours after the last time it was there it would count as a unique. If it is based on a weekly basis, then the time in between visits would need to be greater than a week to generate multiple uniques. It also depends on the system sending the bot. Some systems use multiple IPs for their bots, some use just one. Ones that send out from multiple IP addresses can generate multiple uniques.

Depending on how you get your stats, you may have to ask your host. You could also try Google Analytics, or some other script to track that gives some reporting features.

bluegrass special, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  10. tonyfloyd

Best Answers:
    i am looking at cpanelx......currently month to date traffic is 7435 uniques...this does not include robots,worms or replies with special HTTP status codes......

tonyfloyd, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  11. bluegrass special

bluegrass special Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know much about cPanel, but if that is the case then that is good. If you can maintain that pace for several months, it will drstically improve the value of the site.

bluegrass special, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  12. tonyfloyd

Best Answers:
    if this traffic stays for a few months,....what value are we looking at?

tonyfloyd, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  13. bluegrass special

bluegrass special Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can maintain the same level of traffic for another 9-10 months, and everything else stays the same, the value of your site to a seasoned buyer would probably double from the previous estimate. If you can show revenue during that time (AdSense or affiliate) then that would increase the value as well.

That being said, you might be able to sell the site for more during that time to someone that hasn't been buying sites very long or by some one that really wants the site.

bluegrass special, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  14. tonyfloyd

Best Answers:
    thanks bluegrass......unique visitor traffic this month so far is over 10,000 uniques with a day left.....this traffic should continue monthly from here on....if not increase....

tonyfloyd, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  15. SkiRat44

SkiRat44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Um, one piece of major advice here. Hotlinking is a MAJOR no no.

SkiRat44, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  16. tonyfloyd

Best Answers:
    hotlinking?

tonyfloyd, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  17. bluegrass special

bluegrass special Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't see it on your site (though I didn't look everywhere), but hotlinking is the process of displaying content (images for example) that are not on your server.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline_linking explains this more in depth.

One thing you want to make sure of is that you have permission to use the celeb photos you have. That mean public domain images or pay for them from the copyright holder. You may not get in trouble or you might see a big invoice one day.

bluegrass special, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  18. SkiRat44

SkiRat44 Peon

Best Answers:
    He's hotlinking almost every image on Mad Hollywood - and on Bloids, he's using TMZ's rss feeds (with something like Feedwordpress) in a way that is against their TOS. People with celebrity blogs need to know the rules. Both are mega no-no's. Just trying to be helpful.

SkiRat44, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  19. bluegrass special

bluegrass special Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't see madhollywood until you pointed it out. X17 does offer a service to use their images. If you aren't using it yet, you should.

bluegrass special, Jul 30, 2007 IP
  20. tonyfloyd

Best Answers:
    read my copyright info on both sites......all celeb sites operate like this.....all is fair...if notified i will simply remove content.....no one actually owns these pics...everyone is posting the same photos......

tonyfloyd, Jul 31, 2007 IP