1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

blogspot's spot in serps

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by howardroark, Jun 4, 2005.

Can a blog hosted in blogger do well in serps? I rarely see any blogspot blogs when i conduct searches. The domain name carries weight in seo, but i read somewhere that a blogspot subdomain works just as well. With all things being equal, would a blogspot blog rank as well on serps as a blog hosted on your own server and with your own domain name?

howardroark, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  2. discrete298

discrete298 Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience tells me that the blogspot blogs rank well in Yahoo and Google. MSN is bad with blogspot.

discrete298, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  3. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen a few travel blogspot's in MSN, but nothing in Yahoo or Google. The inflexibility of blogspot was the main reason why I moved on to wordpress.org, and from a SEO perspective it's much easier, as it provides you with the code to go in your .htaccess file.

DarrenC, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  4. howardroark

howardroark Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input. This is also my experience, no blogspot in google or yahoo. I've been looking at wordpress, too...

howardroark, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  5. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    No worries, if you need any help with wordpress just shout! :)

DarrenC, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Also: the look of wordpress blogs is far more professional than the one of blogger.

Blogmaster, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  7. domokun

domokun Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a blog(spot) rank very well in Yahoo

domokun, Jun 6, 2005 IP
  8. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Find my blog via [search=google]siemens blackberry phone[/search], [search=google]siemens blackberry[/search], [search=google]blackberry phone[/search], [search=google]nokia 6680[/search], [search=google]mobile phone TV[/search], [search=google]personal business coach[/search], [search=yahoo]blackberry phone[/search], [search=yahoo]personal business mentor[/search] and [search=google]6680[/search]. Amongst others. Hmmm it seems G just dropped some of those... Might be the update... The above were all top 15, most top 10.

T0PS3O, Jun 6, 2005 IP