1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogspot Vs WordPress

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TDI India, Mar 21, 2014.

Which one do you think is more effective overall?

TDI India, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  2. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are having any kind of goal apart of a personal blog then I would strongly suggest WordPress, however a self-hosted one, not the free version on WordPress.org. The benefits are numerous:

- your own personal brand and identity (domain name)
    - much more freedom for modifications
    - full access to all files, databases, themes for custom tweaks
    - more grounds for good SEO
    - abundance of plugins for various site functionalities
    - great and helpful community for any kind of issues

Those are just a few off the top of my head. I personally love WordPress too and many of the customers of our webhosting company prefer it too and not just for blogs. It has far surpassed this single purpose and has grown into a fully-fit CMS with which you can build practically everything ;)

Rado_ch, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  3. angelicakaka

angelicakaka Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with the user above except that it is possible to use a TLD - your own domain with blogspot blogs..

Additionally, according to my own experiences it is always easier to rank with WP even if you do not use any kind of SEO plugins.

angelicakaka, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  4. maddy.n

maddy.n Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both are good,
    blogspot powered by Google,so google will consider blogspot blog very quickly, blog easily will come to 1st page of google,
    Wordpress also good, its having great popularity and quality, provide good functions like plugins, themes and database .
    try both..these two are the world best blog sites..

maddy.n, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  5. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want a free blog for SEO, then blog spot is the best by far. Link it to your Google+ profile and you will find it indexes very quickly and is a lot easier to get on to page 1. Google still gives preferential treatment to its own platforms

uand.eye, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  6. reaz.theprince

reaz.theprince Active Member

Best Answers:
    BlogSpot is SEO friend. WordPress is not. But i prefer WordPress. If you are new in Blogging career. You can try BlogSpot. Or if you have knowledge about coding or plugins. You may try WordPress then. :) BlogSpot Don't need hosting. WordPress need. :)

reaz.theprince, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  7. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    a self-hosted wordpress is powerful, and the branding is very important. I know blogspot but wordpress is awesome and its plugins are great.

8. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me both of them are a great option to start a blog... Also, in most cases you promote your main website, so no matter if it's yourwebsite.blogspot.com or yourwebsite.wordpress.com, you can work with any of them. I personally prefer Blogger as my first blogs were created using this platform! :)

patco, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  9. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    That, my friend, cannot be more untrue. WordPress is among the most SEO friendly applications, both with in-built and plugin capabilities. ;)

Rado_ch, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  10. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Bother are shite! Blog spot in search engines? on front page? where? I don't recall running into one in the past week or two - even a month... wordpress was good, now it's everyone's choice for a website platform. I hate writing & I hate blogs... why does everyone insist on writing & blogs? I guess because they're easy to build & maintain... but if you're not a writer/author - I don't see the point. That's the problem these days - over saturation of crap blogs & articles. Hence why Google goes out & slays the shite. My advice is learn something new, get into a field that you actually like, blogging gets boring & for the most part serves one purpose - MFA (2.0).

thsadmin, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  11. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of crap blogs out there, but not all are like that. I have blogs on my business websites. I write about things that interest me so it never gets boring. It also allows me to quickly target new keywords, build a relationship with potential customers and increases traffic to my sites. Furthermore the blog also generates a supplementary income, which at the very least pays for site maintenance and upgrades, hosting and advertising.

uand.eye, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  12. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah exactly, on your business websites, so they're not your primary focus - by the sounds of it. I'm the same, I have blogs on the side for updates & to keep people informed, this keeps content fresh & up to date. But, they're not my primary focus & I'm not reliant on them. I also write about my new games, apps & updates - which I'm obviously knowledgeable about & enjoy. What I mean is - if you look around this forum, you will see people asking about popular niches, high paying key words etc. Nothing of interest to them - just in it for the dollar & ad's.

13. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    C
    Completely agree with this. Especially when you get people who can barely speak English, writing absolute nonsense. Some blogs are good, but to make a good blog only site you really need a team of great writers producing several articles every day... Basically it needs to be run like a proper newspaper or magazine.

uand.eye, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  14. tareqjhe1

tareqjhe1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are good.But I personally Likes wordpress.

tareqjhe1, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  15. AlexBrooks

AlexBrooks Member

Best Answers:
    This is a old debate. Wordpress has better features, plugins, themes. Blogspot obviously has the authority being part of the google network. If your on about building a website, which platform is better, well thats down to personal preference, if you want to use these websites to build backlinks, use both.

AlexBrooks, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  16. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's my thought as well, if you're serious about blogging then you need to be professional & maintain a high quality - the leading blogs/news outlets all do this & they're the authority sites.

Blogspot is also known for its spam & worthless blogs, I wonder if Blogspot will slap its own blog network for being shite! Like they've been doing to guest blog networks. After all, blog networks/guest blogging hosts are all replicating Blogspot.

17. scottgerri

scottgerri Member

Best Answers:
    Both are good to use..The main advantage of blogger is that lots of templates are available for blogger So you can Design very well to you blog and make attractive Blog. Lots of feature are available then Wordpress.

Mobile Apps Development

scottgerri, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  18. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    I bet I can find more templates available for WordPress. Challenge accepted? ;)

Rado_ch, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  19. AlexBrooks

AlexBrooks Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah i hope someone writes a case study on how blogspot compares to blog networks and really, blog spot is the low quality king aha

AlexBrooks, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  20. sayjohn

sayjohn Member

Best Answers:
    Both is good for generating the traffic and back links of the website. But I prefer wordpress more than the blogger.

sayjohn, Mar 25, 2014 IP