1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogspot Success

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by sirjorgeofculver, Dec 8, 2013.

Has anyone seen any major success with blogspot, and if so, how have you made it happen?

I recently started a few new chapters of blogspot blogs and am making decent strides with adsense, but not really getting amazon affiliate sales.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  2. wizzyweb

wizzyweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blogspot is best thing for some face-to-face marketing. With blogspot, you have to build trust first, and then you can offer your visitors some product.
    If you have an idea, but you are not sure if this idea can make conversion, use blogspot. If you make some success, you can use it as tier 1 for your money site.

wizzyweb, Dec 13, 2013 IP
    Ntech25 likes this.
  3. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tier 1? I already made a success within 41 posts and a few months of writing. I just wanted to see if anyone else has done it.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  4. mfpowerman

mfpowerman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I already to make blogspot with amazon product but why they delete my blog

mfpowerman, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  5. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    You must've violated terms of service

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  6. wizzyweb

wizzyweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @sirjorgeofculver: generally, it is not recommended to mix adsense and amazon. If you are satisfied with adsense income, just try to attract more visitors with link building and aiming some long-tail keywords with high search volume. Also, you can use Amazon carousel widget, it converts better.

wizzyweb, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  7. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had not heard this. HubPages uses them together. I used to on Blogger but haven't since they eliminated the Amazon widget.

Annea, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  8. wizzyweb

wizzyweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is not forbidden to use both, but adsense can drive away visitors from amazon affiliate links.

wizzyweb, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  9. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    How so?

It seems as though my top level ads are performing well with adsense, in a short span of time. Amazon sales are flat, but they've always been flat.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  10. Parka

Parka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've started with Blogspot and have since moved on to other blogging platforms.

I think it's a good place to start for beginners. Just get a domain name and get going. My site that evolved from Blogspot is hit the 8.25% commission tier in Nov 2013.

As to others who say Adsense can't be used with Amazon Associates, they are talking rubbish. Most people get shut down because they violate the terms. And those are the same people who don't know why they got shut down -- always claiming they are right. Seriously? Why would Blogspot shut you down if you're earning money (Adsense) for them?

Parka, Dec 23, 2013 IP
    sirjorgeofculver likes this.
  11. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    What's your domain? How did you transfer over and maintain traffic? I have a 5 year old blogspot site and thought about this, but I get a TON of traffic and moving may prove detrimental.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  12. Parka

Parka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you move over, traffic will drop. It's unavoidable.

Whether or not you want to move will depend on what features the new platform can provide you that the old (blogspot) can't. For example, Blogspot cannot run programming code like PHP.

At the time, I moved because Blogspot did not support the teaser feature. So all my posts on my homepage became extremely long. I wanted to show just a picture and people can click the picture to read the story. Blogspot wasn't able to do that at that time (but now can).

I moved from Blogspot to being hosted with Bluehost which lasted until I got around 12000+ pageviews per day and website started having database busy errors and then I switched to VPS.

If you don't need special programming features, I would say stay with Blogspot. It has unlimited bandwidth, you won't need to pay so much for hosting or even a VPS server.

Parka, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  13. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    This is exactly why I have 1 site on blogspot with 12,000 posts. Stay where I can make money, and not start over.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 24, 2013 IP
  14. sbo49988

sbo49988 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi. I have 30 blogs with amazon products. one of those here http://bestforwatches.blogspot.com . I can upload 40-50 products in 10 minutes. If you need, i can provide you this service. Please feel free to contact me at anytime. My email is .
    Thanks.

sbo49988, Dec 25, 2013 IP
  15. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    You don't use adsense at all? You just put up 40 - 50 products with that template?

I've ran into that sort of site, how is the conversion ratio?

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  16. sbo49988

sbo49988 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On m
    Hi.
    I have created those blogs in few weeks ago. All links in my sites are shorted by tinyurl or bitly. I tried to use Adsence but they did not approve me. I think those blogs are new and those are affiliate blogs. So i think those will not be approved. Can you suggest me something what you know about adsence and amazon affiliate?

sbo49988, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  17. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    My site:

http://selloutrecords.blogspot.com

uses both adsense and amazon, but I write a TON of content to get the traffic; it is not a copy and paste sales site or anything like that. It has a ton of upside and content, and takes a lot to build it. It makes small gains, but it's new and in time will grow.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  18. sbo49988

sbo49988 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How many traffic do you get everyday? how old is your blog? You write the content yourself?

sbo49988, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  19. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having somewhat of a success with blogspot and Amazon, been using the Omakase widget and Adsense (great way for me to find keywords that Google been associating with my postings) One of the advantage that I get from blogspot is the different "countries extension" example Myblog/blogger/com, Myblog/blogger/ca Myblog/blogger/it .

briguy, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  20. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    Traffic is 100 unique hits daily, however, yesterday only $29. Made $2.47 from adsense, no amazon sales. The site has 51 posts, and I started it in October, with 1 post that says June but it's not that old. I didn't make anything until the last 2 months.

Can I see your link for this "example". I've tried Omakase, but haven't got traction on my sites. How do you do it?

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 27, 2013 IP