1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

blogspot.com only gets one page indexed in SE's

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by miko67, Apr 3, 2005.

Anybody noticed this:

With an ordinary run of the mill blog at blogspot.com you never (as far as my 2 minutes research told me) get more than the main page indexed by the search engines (again, google was all I took the time to check).

Does anybody have experiences with:

1) if this is true or if my research was waaaay to hasty (it just might have been, I only checked three blogs from dp-bloggers at blogspot.com)?
    SEMrush
    2) Can you "tweak" some things around in blogspot.com so you get more pages indexed?

3) If 1=yes and 2=no then do you have a strong recommendation of a better blogging software in regards to geting as many as possible pages indexed by google/yahoo/msn?

miko67, Apr 3, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. EyesCoffee

EyesCoffee Peon

Best Answers:
    Way too hasty.

EyesCoffee, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  3. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    There is no blogging software to get you more indexed pages in the search engines. It is all about getting more inbound links.

a389951l, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  4. ziandra

ziandra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A quick google search for "site:blogspot.com" showed a whole bunch of blogs. I then checked for "site:radwaste.blogspot.com" and that blog has 23 pages indexed, so I suspect you were just too hasty.

It does take time.

ziandra, Apr 3, 2005 IP
    miko67 likes this.
  5. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reminding me how to make proper research :eek: ;) I did it once more for good meassure (your way this time) and I see that - lo and behold - some sites have plenty of indexed pages. Hrmmm gotta work on it then ;)

miko67, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  6. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've started a new blog on March 18th at blogger, and within first week, almost all of my posts were indexed by Blogger.
    How did I achieve this?
    1) I've instantly started creating backlinks.
    2) I've modified standard blogger template to make it more SE friendly. e.g. I've modified archives page to show posts by title for specific month.
    e.g. http://turkishculture.blogspot.com/2005_03_01_turkishculture_archive.html

It has been around 15-16 days since I've started my blog, and google already indexed 23 pages:
    google results
    and my URL: http://turkishculture.blogspot.com/

If anybody needs help with updating/modifying the template, let me know.
    good luck

onestop, Apr 4, 2005 IP
    miko67 likes this.
  7. dirtdog1960theone

dirtdog1960theone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check your

Settings > Publishing > Notify Weblogs.com

If you select Yes this may help you.

You could also try the my yahoo and now my msn trick.

I don't think I posted the how to artcle here. Reply if you want the link, I will have to dig it up.

You could also try doing a search on the term "deep linking" at this forum for some tips.

dirtdog1960theone, Apr 4, 2005 IP
    miko67 likes this.
  8. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dirtdog and onestop: Very nice and to the core help there. I'm gonna look into it and hollar at you if I need help :eek:

rep's on the way :cool:

miko67, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  9. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, this one I didn't do but I did everything else suggested by both onestop and dirtdog - I had the My yahoo! down already, but didn't know that msn had a copycat :p I also made a couple of ibl's from the main website to each and every one of the posts.

Now all that remains is to see if it helps any.

Remind me to give you all an update in a weeks time or so - oh and thx for the very constructive advice once again.

PS: Isn't it kind a hard to figure out exactly how many pages you have in total when everything is hosted at blogspot.com?

miko67, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  10. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some basic optimizations I did for my blogger template:
    1) I have summary of posts on the homepage, and a "Read more" link to the full article.
    2) I have linked the post titles to the post pages (only post time was linked originally.)
    3) I have included the side menu (toolbar) to all pages (not only homepage).
    4) I've changed the archive pages to list the posts by title only.
    5) I've created my own category system, and added it to the right side menu. Basically I've created one post for every category, and update it whenever I make a new post which fits to that category.

You can do more optimization on a basic blogger template, these are just some basics I've done, and it works for me.

For your indexed pages, you basically search for site:yourblogurl at google, for total pages (including not indexed ones) you can always look at them at your control panel. You can see the total number of posts, and guestimate the archives (let's say 3 months make 3 extra pages) and it's done.

onestop, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  11. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like that word lol - anyways, that's what I feared. Not beeing able to 100% accurately count a number of pages...

Yes, I'm an accountant in real life :eek: :p

miko67, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  12. dirtdog1960theone

dirtdog1960theone Active Member

Best Answers:
    dirtdog1960theone, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  13. CindyFahnestockSchafer

CindyFahnestockSchafer Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, is anyone reading this now since the original thread, I want to know if it's true only the main page is indexed, but can't you submit additional pages to google webmaster tools to crawl the pages if your blog has pages they would have their own directory address? Using blogger. Please advise.

CindyFahnestockSchafer, Feb 13, 2012 IP