1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogs really work to make money?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by coreyt1111, Aug 25, 2005.

1. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh ok,lol. Yea im going to give GaDoods way a try and see what happens.

coreyt1111, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing is wrong with it, it's clean and clever. That's all. It requires little work - some people pride themselves on 'work'. That's all I can think of.

Let me tell you this - if I see a guy with a lot of money, and he doesn't do much 'for a living' - I'll buy him a beer and ask him how he does it. I won't knock him or his methods, not if they're clean as a whistle.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  3. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    You said it was black hat. It's white as white can be. Explain why it's black hat.. I'm quite offended in a way........

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    On that note, I'm resigning myself to a lurker and won't be posting anymore. I'm going to concentrate more on building sites and researching markets then saying how I do my business.

Pete
    --
    White hat and honest 'til the day I die..

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  5. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, wait GaDood, I need your help some.... or I will. I will have a few questions, can you at least answer my private messages when I need help, im very grateful for your help with me but im sure I will have more questions as they arise. Thanks

6. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Easy tiger, I just made a comment. Didn't mean to knock you off the boat.

exaro, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  7. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a blog that people want to read and relevant ads to your blog yes you can make money.

Kaabi, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  8. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was looking at enzinearticles.com and noticed alot of the articles dont have a link in them going back to the creators website, why is that? So I should write a article right and put it on that site and have it link back to my main site, but how any articles do I need to write? Thanks

9. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Posting articles is only one way to drive traffic. As Gadood said you can get a trickly of traffic just using articles. If you target the correct keywords then that trickle can bring in a decent income (with enough sites). But why just rely on the trickle, many of us use articles simply as yet another way of marketting a site. Use other methods as well and you might get more than just a trickle of visitors.
    The more visitors that you get, the more money you can make. Why settle for just a trickle.
    And there's nothing 'black hat' about using articles to attract visitors (nor do I think exaro meant 'black hat' as in underhanded), it's simply another arm to your marketting.

jlawrence, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  10. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about just putting adsense into the articles you submit to the article sites, and focus on people clicking that rather than driving them to your website?

longroad, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  11. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Not possible because the article bank owners like to monitize our articles themselves by placing their own ads next to our work. Articles are pure text for webmasters and publishers to use on their websites and ezines.

Maybe I'll open up the first AdSense Revenue Sharing Article Bank - where people submit their works, and every visit to their article it switches the AdSense code from owner (me) to the writer, giving a 50/50 share.

Or maybe I'll shut up about potential ideas, 'cos sharing them in here is madness - especially when you're rated BAD like the GADOOD. Gosh, I'm so naughty. Shrug.

Who wants to get me back in the green? Go on, you know you want to. Wink wink. I know I don't agree with a lot of folk on my opinions over /ignoring/ those in breach of policy with my idea that Google can and do handle them eventually, but really.. to rate me on that is insanity. Only fundamentalist christians would do such a thing and judge me so hardly.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  12. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same idea too.... a revenue sharing article bank... 60/40 sharing.... the site is already online but the code for the sharing not yet... tested, plus I need to wait for the green light from google.

Good luck GADOOD hope this idea works

PinoyIto, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  13. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Weren't you banned from AdSense edpudol? If you're going to do it, good luck anyway. Keep it clean, now!

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  14. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not really sure yet.. need to wait for the repply of google before proceeding.

PinoyIto, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  15. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:

This forum uses an Adsense sharing setup for any thread you start, so it is possible. :)

Dreamshop, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  16. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so its not possible to insert your own adsense code say into an article on Ezinearticles?

longroad, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  17. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:

You would need to have an arrangement with the site owner/manager to be able to do that. I'm not surprised that most content sites won't allow it.

I've been considering inviting some writers to develop content for a few of my sites in exchange for the chance to place their own Adsense blocks in articles they submit. I will probably keep this somewhat exclusive though. I'd wrather have a select group of writers with a certain style, then a mishmash of hundreds of articles.

Dreamshop, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  18. Nikilwig

Nikilwig Member

Best Answers:
    My friend has a blog with adsense, he averages $10-$20 a month, it just pays for his World of Warcraft bill. I need to get my computer fixed before I can play WoW:mad:

Nikilwig, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  19. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I bought a domain name and built a site around a subject I was hoping would be great, in such it does almost nothing as far as generating income.
    Of course I have total control over it.

I also got a free blog, and stuck adsense on it. Now using the free blog exchanges to earn click credits, and the blog directories to get free traffic to the blog, my blog generates an average of $2 - $4 a day for free advertising, where my own paid domain generates roughly $5 a week or less.

So blogs are great !! I have two more I will be launching on Sep 1

bluegill_catcher, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  20. LcF

LcF Peon

Best Answers:
    I am blogger for 2 years. I will become full time blogger start at Sept 2005. Main income is Adsense. :)

LcF, Aug 26, 2005 IP