1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogs or vlogs, that is the question? (What is more effective nowadays?)

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Divusdia, Sep 13, 2015.

What is the best way not only to express oneself but also TO ATTRACT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE to what you are doing?
    Nowadays both of the media (blogs and vlogs) are quite popular but which of them will have a future, which of the media will be able to provide one with a huge number of followers? What do you think?

Divusdia, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs, with the occassional spritz of vlogs. Vlogs are horrible, horrible things (to me) - I hate to watch videos, there is rarely any easy way to get to certain points in the video (unless it's youtube, and you make a hell of a lot of video-links with time-frames set) and referencing the content involves a lot of back and forth to rewatch certain bits. Written content is so much easier (and quicker) to grasp, and lets you copy, utilize and reread certain bits without having to make an effort. The content of a 15 minute video where the person talks non-stop takes about a minute or two to read, at the most. That should tell you something.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  3. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    Its hard to say really, in my opinion both have different uses. Vloggers who talk about their own lives and what they get up to each day can only really be done using a video, would it be the same if you were reading about someone eating a sandwhich?

But then, as PoPSiCLe said, somethings dont require 15 minutes of video content to explain something that a blogger could do in 1 or 2 minutes reading. I think neither will out do the other, the work together so well and each fill a different need.

ITMTB, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  4. B3cky

B3cky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm not a fan of vlogs, especially when they're 10+ minutes.

A blog is much more effective. It can be read faster and also in places where you wouldn't necessarily have good signal or ability to watch something such as when commuting, getting distracted at work or on the toilet...

B3cky, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  5. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some say that v-logs are the future and it might seem so, but I don't think that they'll be the best option for blogging, since there will always be people and that is the majority of people, who prefer to read. Writing also comes more natural than people in front of the camera. I believe that v-logging will be the best option for DIY blogs and cooking blogs. When you need to actually show how is something done, that makes sense and it's actually necessary. On the other hand, you need to be extremely interesting, smart and funny in order to capture someone's attention just talking about yourself.

cwvps1, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  6. tariqsal

tariqsal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Though I don't have sources to cite this, I'd have to say vlogging is bigger than blogging. However, blogging is more profitable than vlogging.

tariqsal, Feb 7, 2016 IP