1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BlogRush - The Official Word From Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Tearabite, Sep 17, 2007.

1. tamar

tamar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check my blog link. I gave a similar program a try and it was a waste. Check other people's blogs about it, like Darren's post at problogger.net. He got a 0.00017% CTR or something like that.

This stupid program is overrated. It's ridiculous to see how many people fell for it.

tamar, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  2. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that seems to be the case, nobody clicks on those links, probably never see them due to people placing the widget where it never gets seen.

geomark, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  3. ianternet

ianternet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your right - now one will click on those links the reason why my ctr is low and everyones ctr will be

check my latest pot about it

ianternet, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  4. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    I am now testing this on some of my blogs. Let us see how the whole thing works out.

I have requested John Reese, Blog Rush's owner in Warrior Forum to check with Google Adsense if the two ads can coexist together. Now waiting for his reply. ;)

homebizbuilder, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  5. iamzak

iamzak Peon

Best Answers:
    no luck with blog rush. I am using it on Rss site getting no traffic from them. I am on the verge of removing it.

iamzak, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  6. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The first few days i was getting good traffic from BlogRush, but now it's dropped to nearly nothing.
    I do use it myself to find interesting blog-topics.. I call it RushHopping..Going to one blog, reading it, then clicking on a BlogRush link to go to the next blog, and so-on..

Tearabite, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  7. Boulder

Boulder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LMAO..

Tearabite, that had me laughing.. Nice! I like the new phrase.

Yea, I have found myself doing that same thing a lot too lately.. If anything, BR is worth something just for the entertainment value alone.. just having a new gadget to explore and play with is kind of cool. However, I do think it has good potential as well.

Catch the Rush Wave!

Boulder

Boulder, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  8. ::Mike::

::Mike:: Peon

Best Answers:
    From what i can make out, BR just sends you a load of crap traffic at the start then later none?
    I'm not sure if i should use it or not.

::Mike::, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  9. egonitron

egonitron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen very little traffic from it, and I have more credits than they are giving me impressions. I'm not impressed so far, but I'll give it some time. Unless Google straight up says not to use it, of course.

egonitron, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  10. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    One poster recommends BlogRush and everybody rushes to put it on their blog. Ha ha.:p

NewToAllThis, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  11. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not just one poster. Every second blog out there was flogging it over the last few days.

tlainevool, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  12. MyInfoHQ.net

MyInfoHQ.net Peon

Best Answers:
    There are so many rats on the Net.
    I was in love with a particular link which I had been displaying on about 25,000 webpages. Getting about $50/month for about two months then nothing.
    It is a pain in the ... to remove the link.

MyInfoHQ.net, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  13. navjotjsingh

navjotjsingh Peon

Best Answers:
    You are lucky. Atleast you got some traffic. I am yet waiting for any traffic.

BTW what's syndication activity in that dashboard stats mean? Its showing some impressions but 0 clicks. What's that?

navjotjsingh, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  14. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    After testing for quite some times I've decided to take it off from my site.

1. Because it will lower my CTR
    2. Because it might against Adsense TOS
    3. Because it takes longer time for my site to load

sysop, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  15. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Impressions is how many times your blog post titles were displayed in the widgets on other blogs in the network.

And as for 0 clicks...me too.

geomark, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  16. i-telefonia

i-telefonia Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the potential traffic is even better than the traffic from AdWords but of course none can be sure that G will not find something wrong with it...

i-telefonia, Sep 23, 2007 IP
  17. vatu

vatu Active Member

Best Answers:
    After testing 3 days on my one of blog, i removed that widget

vatu, Sep 23, 2007 IP
  18. bollym4u

bollym4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.45n5.com/permalink/warning-blogrush-may-violate-the-adsense-terms-of-.html check this out dude

Before you read another post about BlogRush and certainly before you make a post about it on your blog, without a disclaimer, I would like to point you to a post directly from the the Adsense blog about traffic exchange programs (with my emphasis added):

We understand that our publishers are always looking for ways to attract interested users to their sites. But using third-party tools or services to increase your site traffic may lead to invalid clicks or impressions and result in your account being disabled. For this reason, we'd like to provide you with some guidance about this.

As many of you already know, our program policies strictly prohibit any means of artificially generating ad impressions or clicks, including third-party services such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, auto-surf, and click-exchange programs. These programs offer incentives for users to view web pages or click on ads, resulting in activity that is harmful to our advertisers.

We occasionally receive questions from publishers interested in using traffic exchanges to bring traffic to their site. While these services may help advertise your site, we don't recommend using them, as they may also result in similar invalid activity. We realize that you may have questions about a specific traffic service and whether it could potentially create invalid impressions or clicks. However, please understand that we're unable to comment on any particular third-party service.

bollym4u, Sep 23, 2007 IP
  19. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    That makes sense because it would be as if Google was specifically targeting BlogRush and telling its publishers not to use them and Google could possibly get sued for that.

NewToAllThis, Sep 23, 2007 IP
  20. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    Read the comments in that thread, you'll see some pretty reputable people (Problogger and Shoemoney) saying that there is no problem with using BlogRush and AdSense. I'm not sure why people are worried about this, BlogRush just displays links on other peoples sites to your site. Don't you have links on other people's sites now????

tlainevool, Sep 23, 2007 IP