1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BlogRush - The Official Word From Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Tearabite, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Boulder

Boulder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or, the reason Google didn't say anything was so that if it does go big? They can come in and say it is okay and has there approval..

Google is no dummy.. They know how to play from either end zone.. LOL

If it worked out in a way that blogrush just so happen to increase G revenue or G exposer, I am sure they would like the hell out of it.

Boulder

Boulder, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  2. cherry_yuya

cherry_yuya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since Blogrush seemed to drive totally irrelevant post to my site. I am taking it off.

cherry_yuya, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  3. Boulder

Best Answers:
    Really, I just got the first look at the cool looking dashboard and stats today.

I think it's pretty dope myself! I'm leaving mine on..

Anyway 3-4 days is hardly enough time to see what BR will drive.. 3-4 days is like .001 of a second in web land..

Boulder

Boulder, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  4. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My stats panel says

Under Construction
    We're hard at work creating some cool custom reporting features for you! Please check back soon.

oseymour, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  5. alexdale

alexdale Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's what they do best. Give us a vague/unclear/indirect answer. They always seem to be on the "safest" side of things. :D

alexdale, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  6. Boulder

Best Answers:
    seo ranter,

Really yours are not on yet? They will be soon.. Mine are on right now, I just looked at them.. I have earned over 50 credits in 3 days time of using the widget.. and it says that does not even include my bonus credits yet.

Boulder

Boulder, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  7. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Source: http://adsense.blogspot.com/2007/04/note-on-traffic-exchange-programs.html

BlogRush may be to "cool" thing, but i certainly won't be using them.

sweetfunny, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  8. ArtfulWebSites

ArtfulWebSites Peon

Best Answers:
    ArtfulWebSites, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  9. RoyalSeo

RoyalSeo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new to it, and trying my hands on it.

Lets see how it goes.

RoyalSeo, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  10. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very nicely de-coded the Google Code, I think It is really risky.

Red_Virus, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  11. bibel

bibel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who releases such a tool when the reports are still under construction ? Seems rude, to say the least. I sent about 40k impressions their way and seen buttkiss traffic. Bye bye blogrush !

bibel, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  12. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    What about the guy behind BlogRush? Any history on him? Other than that he is a buddy of another big time scammer who pumps and dumps programs leaving affiliates with crap. Like minds typically associate.

geomark, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  13. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    geomark, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  14. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    From BlogRush:

Joining a network, earning credits based on traffic, refering people, counting impressions etc. I don't know about you, but to me this would fit perfectly in to Google's definition of a "Traffic Referal Program", which is a violation of the Adsense TOS.

It's definately not worth compromising my Adsense account that's for sure.

sweetfunny, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  15. cherry_yuya

cherry_yuya Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll put it on again if I see that the relevant posts issue has been resolved. I have tried using the filter option to no avail :(.

cherry_yuya, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  16. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    No, that is incorrect. There is no incentive to click or visit websites and there is no incentivized traffic. All those "credits" mean is that your link is displayed on other sites in the network. Each time your site displays the BlogRush widget you get a credit. Each credit gets your link displayed on another site in the network. There are no credits for clicking or visiting websites, hence no artificial traffic inflation.

It does not at all fit the definition of traffic referral programs. In those programs you get credits for generating traffic. No such credits with the BlogRush program.

It's actually pretty simple. Same idea as having a Blogroll. Just that this one is dynamic. Not sure why people are confused about it.

geomark, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  17. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Not even close. With a Blogroll you know what site you are sending your readers too, and have full control over it. With Blogrush your refering your visitors blindly to whatever MFA junk happens to be on the list.

Either way, good luck with it. Just be sure to install the Widget at the foot of the page where nobody will see it so you don't send traffic out but earn your "credits" to get traffic in like everyone else is doing.

Better yet hide it in an invisible Div, been to a number of Blogs now via a Blogrush URL and they didn't even have the widget visible.

sweetfunny, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  18. addaminsane

addaminsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    3 referalls so far which i think is pretty good since its starting out and those blogs have alot of referall power at the moment

addaminsane, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  19. integrity

integrity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think they mean: "We can't endorse this because it isn't our phenomenal product but it's ok to use." :D

integrity, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  20. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Impertinent to say the least. They are just links. If they link to an MFA site then that would be just like..., wait..., all those Adsense ads.

You don't earn traffic. All you get is your link displayed on another site. If you have an interesting linked title for your blog post somebody may click it to visit your blog and read the post. That's the basic idea of getting visitors regardless if it's BlogRush or a bookmarking site.

Hiding it is foolish. You don't get any referrals that way - that's one of the strong points is referral credit ten levels deep. And if they discover it's hidden (somebody reports it) they will terminate your account.

All that aside, early stats seem to show it brings no traffic. A few other posters say they have seen zero visitors come in via BlogRush after running it a few days. My stats after about 24 hours are 1700 credits, 400 impressions (my link shown on other sites) with 0 clicks, according to BlogRush stats. The category I'm running it in is appropriate and the blog post titles are catchy enough. Maybe it's too early. Or maybe most of those impressions are happening on sites that are hiding the widget.

geomark, Sep 19, 2007 IP