1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogmark Count with Blog Explosion

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by www.AmCy.org, Apr 29, 2005.

To all of you who use Blog Explosion I have a question: how many times has your blog been "blogmarked?" I'm not trying to start a contest here, I'm just trying to gauge how well my blog is doing in the Blog Explosion system. All input appreciated.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Well, I joined yesterday. 2 blogmarks so far. I spent a few bucks to get visits. Seems like a pretty reasonable way to drive some traffic. Most people seem to be sticking around and visiting a few pages which I found surprising. (I thought a few would, but so far, I'm seeing that most do)

nevetS, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  3. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Thanks much for your response.

Yeah, Blog Explosion (BE) delivers. There are lots of other similar systems (I've tried most of them) but BE is the only one that consistently delivers lots of traffic to my blog. It is consistently @ the top of my list of referrers in my logs.

Since they've proved themselves I also chose to buy extra traffic a few days ago. Got lots of banner impressions and visitor credits for a total of $18. I can't tell yet but I think it was a good investement.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I would have gone for the banners - since the impressions are pretty cheap, but I don't have a banner right now and didn't want to churn one out in 5 minutes. :D.

nevetS, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  5. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been a member for a few weeks and I have 3 blogmarks.

justtara, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  6. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I just checked it now and it's up to 5!!!

7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    so what exactly does the program do? You sign up, submit your blog and refer new members?

Blogmaster, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  8. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    basically, for every 2 blogs that you read for at least 30 seconds, it will deliver you 1 visitor for 30 seconds. Or you can buy visitors. You get a percentage if people sign up through your affiliate link. It's actually been kind of fun, I've found a few blogs that are pretty interesting. I'm sure this isn't the only program of it's kind, but it's the first one I've checked out.

nevetS, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    ic ... Thanks!

Blogmaster, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  10. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    As an ancient website surfer it reminds me a lot of a webrings. It's like going through a huge webring and just using the random link. What makes it better than a webring is that you actually get credit for visting these blogs.

I wonder how many people actually read through the blogs while they are surfing though. I may get some decent traffic from blog explosion but I really don't know if those people are reading my blog. I don't think I can just go by the blog marking either.

11. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Yup, I know what you mean. You can get thousands upon thousands of banner impressions for less than $10. An excellent value, IMO. I created a banner real quick when I joing BE :D

AmCy

12. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I don't know about others, but I read maybe half the blogs I see. It's making me think seriously about home page design. If you can't catch attention in 30 seconds and make someone stay, you are out of luck.

Many that I've seen just don't have a coherent front page, and some I wouldn't even know how to get back there because there is no title anywhere.

nevetS, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  13. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Quite true. Doesn't have to have a super header graphic or anything (those nice headers look great but who has the time for that!) Just as long as your layout is clear and logical and has all the basics of web design covered (e.g. no dead space.)

AmCy