1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging Traffic

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by ClaireliseWright, May 31, 2016.

I just went public with my blog and I am having trouble finding readers. I can't help but think that it is something about my blog? Can someone check it out and let me know? My family and friends are just too bias lol

SecondStarOnTheWright.com

Thank you!!

ClaireliseWright, May 31, 2016 IP
  2. robinbd4u

robinbd4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am seeing your site. I am little bit confused about your site.

Is it a photo blog ?

Tell me something. What is your sites main theme ? I mean in which niche ? or which subject ?

I think your template or design theme is not perfect with your content. In that website template or design in which area is header, logo, content, background , footer, body . All parts do not understandable differently . all parts mixed and I did not understand what to do at your site.

robinbd4u, May 31, 2016 IP
  3. ClaireliseWright

ClaireliseWright Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks for checking it out, I really appreciate it! I wanted it to be a lifestyle blog. I wanted it to just focus on all of the things I am interested in like cooking and fashion mixed with travel and my day to day life as well. It's a new blog so I know I need more categories to add to different pages (I want a separate page for just fashion, cooking, travel, lifestyle, etc) but right now it's a bit mixed into one because I feel like I didn't have enough content. I will clean things up and separate them soon.

Let me know if I answered you completely, and thank you again for checking it out!

Claire

ClaireliseWright, Jun 1, 2016 IP
  4. SEOPearl

SEOPearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your on-page SEO and you can start to write some interesting contents about your selected niches. And make share your contents by the use of social media accounts initially and then slowly start to build some quality links.

SEOPearl, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  5. styletomes

styletomes Peon

Best Answers:
    Will this be a personal blog (like a journal) or would you like to monetize it down the line? If you're looking to grow it with traffic, I'm going to assume you'd like to monetize it. If so, robinbd4u is on the right track with his advice. It's very difficult when starting out because you're excited and want to write about everything (trust me, I know! I started my blog as a lifestyle/beauty blog), but ultimately, substantial traffic growth and monetization will come when you develop a specific niche. :)

Down the road, you'll find that it will become easier to incorporate new sections and expand what you're writing about with an audience. But it's integral to have a devoted audience that follows you because you provide one thing that they're looking for. So, for example, they find your website because of an amazing recipe you posted, so they start browsing and see that you have tons of other amazing recipes they want to try, they'll bookmark your website and keep coming back.

On the other hand, they find an amazing recipe, so they start browsing your website for more. Instead, they find posts about your day, your dog, your travels, your shoes (just random examples, not saying you write about these), they'll take the recipe as a one-off and won't think of your website as something they should be coming back to. Your focus should be on inviting and KEEPING the readers in order to build your audience.

I hope that helps. :) Wish I could share a niche finding worksheet with you, but there's no way to attach PDFs here and I don't want to overstep the rules by placing my website URL where I have it as a downloadable.--Edit: nevermind, found the file upload button!

Best of luck!

Attached Files:

styletomes, Jun 23, 2016 IP