1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging for page rank

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by ziandra, Apr 7, 2005.

Is blogging for page rank considered black hat SEO?

Lemme explain what happened because it looks very weird.

I started a blog a couple of months ago. Google found it when it scanned the blog host "new sites" list. I have two links on the blog to two of my sites. One that I am developing, and another "dummy" site. The dummy site imports the RSS from my blog and has a few links. I never submitted either site to any search engine. I let the search engine find them by itself.

Ok, so here's what bothers me. According to http://www.searchengineengine.com/ , both my blog AND my dummy site are RK 5. Thus, if one chooses to believe that RK 5 means internal page rank 5, then I got a PR5 site in one evenings worth of blogging. Googles XML for my blog show only links from itself to itself. Links to my dummy site show only links from my blog and itself.

I have been working on getting links to my genealogy site for 5 years now. It is PR3 working on PR4.

So, what's the concensus. Is RK5 really NOT PR5? If it is, is blogging for page rank considered black hat?

ziandra, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  2. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    What the hell is RK5? lol

DarrenC, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  3. oalhajjar

oalhajjar Guest

Best Answers:
    Blogging for PR is not a black hat technique.

oalhajjar, Apr 8, 2005 IP