1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging Feedback

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by rc3, Nov 17, 2019.

I have always wanted to start blogging and finally got my butt in gear. I have a thing for donuts and have always wanted to document the places I try for myself to remember but also to share. I know my style/content will grow the more I write but I struggle with the site design, either too basic/amateur looking or overly complicating it. Any advice? I am not really pushing the site right now as I want to get a little more content on it then feel happy with the look. I'm not even sure I love the name/title either. I figure if I get some content on it I can always update my overall voice in the posts but would like to settle on something sooner than later.

Guess the site name might help too, Hunting Donuts. I liked it when I first thought of it and the domain was actually available (I bought both Donuthunting and huntingdonuts) but after a few weeks I'm not sure. I was thinking of going all hunting themed but felt like it would feel forced and cheesy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2019
    rc3, Nov 17, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your idea made me think of Lorde's onion ring Instagram account and I wonder if you need a blog or just a themed insta account?

What are your goals for the site?

sarahk, Nov 17, 2019 IP
  3. rc3

rc3 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah I was thinking of doing an insta to promote the site once I was happy with it. My goals are 2 fold, one just for me to have some fun and share my thoughts on donut shops mapping out for easy reference to others but most of the shop reviews would be in our area which I would like to leverage into marketing my wife (and me though its not my primary job) who is a Realtor in the area. I dont mind spending some $ on it to do it right.

rc3, Nov 17, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That sounds like a fun way to make a name for yourselves!

sarahk, Nov 17, 2019 IP
  5. Barb Davids

Barb Davids Member

Best Answers:
    Hey rc3,

The best advice I have received, write like you are speaking to one person.

I love the huntingdonuts.com domain name! I visited the site but it says Donut Geek as the title. Threw me off a little.

I could see this turning in to a large user generated type of site. You could enlist "gatherers" for other cities.
    BTW, https://problogger.com/ is a great blogging resource.

I signed up for the email to watch how things go.

Good luck!
    Cheers!
    Barb

Barb Davids, Dec 1, 2019 IP
  6. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This sounds like a fun idea. There is a guy out there who reviews instant ramen had he has been quite successful with it. This is him I think: https://www.theramenrater.com/. Maybe you can check how he is doing it and get some inspiration.
    Btw, tip for next time: If you want help from the forum, it's always easier if you ask concrete questions that others can refer to. This way, we know what you need help with and information on and you will get better answers.
    Good luck!

nshep, Dec 2, 2019 IP