1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger & Wordpress Import Export XML format?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by seopower, Feb 6, 2009.

I am looking for a guide about XML structures of import xml formats of Wordpress and blogger.com blogs.

Actually my main aim is to dynamically generate these XML files from some DB source and create entries by importing that XML, so there is no manual posting required for each blog.

Is this possible? can you people guide me?

seopower, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  2. nhc1987

nhc1987 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you try-and-error yourself?

Just create one Blogspot blog, write some dummy content then export it to XML format to examine the structure. Do the same for Wordpress blog

nhc1987, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  3. seopower

seopower Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I was looking at blogger API but but it seems it will take time to develop such thing, so I decided to try import feature but ..... and I tried as you suggested downloaded XML is not properly formatted and contains whole blogs settings.

Still busy with undertanding it..... is there any software available to import export blogs from local machine?

seopower, Feb 6, 2009 IP