1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger vs wordpress

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by woodley, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Ankit SEO

Ankit SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely true..
    Blogger is great choice for newbies and experts too.
    If you wanna learn, then blogger is best to start with :)

I prefer Wordpress, but blogger is also good to start learning blogging.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    Ankit SEO, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  2. Pheonix76

Pheonix76 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have to say that wordpress works the best even though I have started blogging on Blogger now and trying to shift traffic to WP

Pheonix76, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  3. imran Murtaza

imran Murtaza Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is the Best CMS

imran Murtaza, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  4. Davella Hippygeek

Davella Hippygeek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blogger every time~ quick, easy to use, highly customisable and easy to add monetisation. It's Google friendly (wonder why? ;)) and you can make it into a very professional website (doesn't have to look like a freebie).

Davella Hippygeek, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  5. artofmarketing

artofmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are starting out and don't want to invest money plus want to make some quick I'd say blogger is a better option for you - it is indexing good and you can plug-in your AdSense Ads to it quickly and easy. Wordpress.com on the other hand doesn't allow you to put affiliate links on your blog! Wordpress.org is the best option if you are serious about blogging - it gives you the most options and tools. You'll have to buy a domain and pay hosting for it, maybe buy a premium theme and some of the better pluggins but once everything is set up it is Much better than Blogger or any other free blog!
    Good luck :)
    Art

artofmarketing, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  6. julia_khatch

julia_khatch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are a true beginner I'd definitely recommend Blogger, but if you are somewhat familiar with blogging already then Wordpress forsure!

julia_khatch, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  7. mhkrshn

mhkrshn Member

Best Answers:
    r u ready to spend money and start blogging go to wordpress.

r u not ready to pay and not care about SEO. Go to Blogger.

mhkrshn, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  8. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Normally newbies starts their blogging career from Blogger.com. If they start to get better knowledge about self owned, self hosted blog then they started to think about WordPress.org. Normally Bloggers didn't try to build a huge blog on Blogger.com because its owned by Google and they have the rights to ban the blog with out inform you.

WordPress is the best open source software that power million of bloggers. If you have some basic knowledge about how to customize Blogs you can choose WordPress.org and it had a big range of community with thousands of free themes and plugins.

anzilone, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  9. Anoop_Kumawat

Anoop_Kumawat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have created so many blogs for writing and I also used various blogging platforms like blogger, wordpress, tumblr, etc. But out of which I really utilized that the blogger is truly user friendly blogging platform. On the other hand, Wordpress is also the best blogging platform but if you customized their blog so it takes some charges for using theses models. But it is not in blogger, it is offering free models of widgets for blog. So that after all I recommend if make a mind to create a blog for personal uses so go for blogger.

Anoop_Kumawat, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  10. maconheiromor

maconheiromor Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is always going to be a dilemma because with WP you can make a really nice cool site with it. But blogger belongs to google and index faster...

maconheiromor, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  11. GIORGOSV

GIORGOSV Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello to all I!Up until now I am using wordpress for my business and blogger for fun but since I saw the pre relaunch of blog beast ENv2 this is a past.
    This is crazy, you can have multiple blogs/websites under the same control panel, social networking with all your friends and users of it, multiple domains at the same time and control all of it from your mobile, even without opening your pc!This is crazy....
    Also as the producers of it say is "granny proof" and from what I saw in the presentation it really is! Unbelievable features for posting videos, text and ant the same time you can choose which groups of people can see them!!!Man this is the future!

GIORGOSV, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  12. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love using wordpress, because, I can be easy to install many plugin ,One of the first things you should do with your blog is install some themes. When you go to your blog’s dashboard, click the “PlugIns” link on the left column.

ktp2012, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  13. uniquelyav

uniquelyav Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer wordpress. I find the interface very clean and intuitive.

uniquelyav, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  14. casy weby

casy weby Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been a year using Wordpress. It is easy to use. You can modify your theme and add some plugins based on your needs. It also lets you control the widget you want to show on your blog. I think you should know exactly what is your purpose of creating a blog before you choose any since it has its own strengths and weaknesses.

casy weby, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  15. Ethnetia

Ethnetia Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress.com is an easy for the starter and your effort will be worthwhile. When I was asked to select best free blogs, I was in hesitation. It was really tough to select the best one. Both (blogger and wordpress) are good. But I always feel the freedom in wordpress.com. It is easy to read. For instance, I once searched “Uncover Riverside” in Google.com or in Yahoo.com or in Bing.com I found the blog acquired the first position is written in “Wordpress”.

Ethnetia, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  16. rosyvu

rosyvu Member

Best Answers:
    I myself love WP than Blogger because Wordpress offers more modules and plugins than Blogger. It's good for professional bloggers.
    But Blogger is one of Google products so it gets more supports in SEO than WP.
    It depends on your site target

rosyvu, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  17. domainvale.com

domainvale.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    You only need little effort when using blogger because your content is stored on Google server. you have high chance of visibility on Google search engine only, a whole lot of work need to be done when you choose wordpress.org but it is the best, get a powerful SEO plugin and bunch of article, internal and external links, social integration, competitive keyword, url index on multiple search engines. With all this effort, PR1 is the limit.

Good Luck

domainvale.com, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  18. Scot Hiller

Scot Hiller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is in a way better because of better SEO and Plugins but i prefer Blogger as u dont have to pay for hosting and it's faster to index also

Scot Hiller, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  19. swhp

swhp Member

Best Answers:
    if you're new try blogger or wordpress but not self hosted.
    If you're try to make blog for something purpose, try wordpress with self hosted

swhp, Nov 15, 2013 IP
    jhonbarkan likes this.
  20. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    U need to began it with WordPress when u perfect in WordPress than u use HTML

Irfi0009, Nov 25, 2013 IP