1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger fear

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Rubyrubyruby, May 19, 2017.

Hey everyone!
    I'm just looking for a bit of advice! I would like to start my own blog and I have a decent idea of where I would like to go with it. I have such a passion for makeup but I have no idea where to begin. I was wondering if there is anyone who has their own blog that could give me any advice on how to start up.
    Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Rubyrubyruby, May 19, 2017 IP
  2. imkingcash

imkingcash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Set yourself up for success:

1. Buy a domain (ex. www. YOURSITENAME. com)
    2. Buy hosting. This is where your site/blog is going to "live".
    3. Get an autoresponder so you can build your list. Ex. Aweber, MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.

Once you've bought your domain name and hosting, install wordpress on it so you can start blogging. Wordpress is a powerful blog platform because it allows you to install some of the best themes and plugins to enhance your site. Do your research on what's the best plugins for you.

Once you have installed wordpress, login to your autoresponder and create a webform to put up on your site. Put one in the sidebar, put one in the content, put one in the about page, put one in the homepage. You want to let people know that you want them to join your mailing list. don't worry about Adsense or product promotions at this point. Focus on building that list.

Try to write as much content as possible. Being that your site is about makeup, you may want to post pictures of women wearing makeup, women who need makeup, and the makeup itself. At the end of the post, always try to get them to join your mailing list. Create a free video or free eBook that you'll give away to them if they join your mailing list.

Now this is the best part. Once they join your mailing list, you want to send them updates of your latest post, and also promote products to them. You can use Amazon or some makeup company that allows affiliates. Anything that has to do with makeup or skin care will be good products to promote. So you try to get people on your mailing list from your site, once they join your list, update them of your latest poss and promote products to them.

This is the framework of most bloggers. It's simple and it works really well. I've been on mailing lists and I have bought products from people from their mailing list.

I hope this helps.

imkingcash, Jan 8, 2018 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Research
    Research
    Research

Find the top beauty bloggers and look at
    • what they do well,
    • what they do badly,
    • work out what resources you need to match them,
    • can you see anything they're not doing that you'd be able to do?
    Look at the less successful bloggers and identify what they compromise on, find the shortcuts

Work out how they promote themselves and how they manage social media (hootsuite? manually?)

It's a competitive market - this headline is daunting. The top 100?!!!

upload_2018-1-9_15-52-21.png

So finally, work out what "success" looks like for you.
    Is it
    • income from monetising your blog?
    • fame?
    • just getting samples for free?

sarahk, Jan 8, 2018 IP