1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger Comments Not Posting via Open ID Wordpress User

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by WebDev Solutions, Jan 11, 2017.

Hi,

Pulling my hair out here, and the Blogger support forums as yet don't seem to be understanding the basics of my query. You can view the thread I posted here which pretty much covers it; https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/blogger/S7m_BElishY/-zuQ7QdvDwAJ

I'm trying to comment on Blogger blogs via OpenID with the Wordpress option (to leave my blog link as my name). I'm getting a BX Blogger error each time I make an attempt, though. I've tried all the browsers, including private modes, compatibility modes, and I've also cleared my cache and cookies etc.

I've managed to get somewhere now on my own, but still experiencing issues. The error I believe relates to the following piece of code which I added to my header to verify OpenID for Blogger

<link href='http://www.blogger.com/openid-server.g' rel='openid.server'/>
    <link href='your-URL' rel='openid.delegate'/>
    Code (markup):
    I did this to ensure Blogger recongised my OpenID so I could comment, as if I don't run this code, and I try to submit comments on Blogger blogs via the Wordpress option on OpenID, I get the following error instead;

"Your OpenID credentials could not be verified."

If I place EITHER wordpressusername.wordpress.com or customdomain.com (which is where wordpress redirects too) in the 'your-URL' section... I do not see the "Your OpenId credentials could not be verified" error, and the post attempts to publish, but I'm then redirected to the bX-8nvfzp error code (Blogger) which was the original reason for this thread.

To summarise, the attachment I've added to this thread (see image 3 below) is the error I now see when I try to publish comments on any Blogger blog with my OpenID (Wordpress). My OpenID credentials appear to verify successfully as I do not see the red error anymore, so I believe the code in my Wordpress header is working (to some degree), but there's a piece missing right now.

3.jpg

More insight welcomed and gratefully requested... I've been working on this on and off for over 24 hours now.

Best,
    James - WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jan 11, 2017 IP