1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger and Comments

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by dct, Apr 2, 2005.

There has been a few times I've wanted to leave comments on blogger blogs. But often they force you to have a blogger account, which I don't have or really want. Is this the default option that only fellow 'blogger' bloggers can leave comments, I know I have left comments on other blogger blogs with out having to have an account with them, VS being the prettiest example :D.

Just wondered if anybody else suffers from this and also wanted to point out the fact to other Blogger provided members that they may be missing out on a fair few comments.

dct, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  2. mxlabs

mxlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the default option is to only allow comments from registered users. that way you don't have to deal with a "fair share" of spam comments once your posts get indexed individually.

mxlabs, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  3. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I can understand that (I moderate all comments before they are published) but I don't want to have to register an account just to comment, there must be an easier way.

dct, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  4. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    I just don't leave comments on blogger blogs. It is too much of a pain for me to sign up.

justtara, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't know, I have now a blog with blogger, msn and Yahoo! and that's just me, my main blog is no http://www.searchengineblog.net which is with blogger.com
    I guess since Google was the first search engine to start it, they want more people to use their service.

Blogmaster, Apr 2, 2005 IP