1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger and 1and1 domain??? Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by sivric.marijan, Apr 27, 2012.

Hi guys!

I would like to have my blogger blog on a custom domain I bought from 1and1. I have tried everything and I can't make it work! Please help me!

Thanks in advance!

sivric.marijan, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  2. tech2006

tech2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Find the control panel on your domain registrar’s website, and locate your DNS (Domain Name System) settings. In order to link your blog to your custom domain, follow the instructions below to enter your "CNAME" and "A-records."

CNAME
    Where it says Name, simply enter "www" and list ghs.google.com as the Host Name. See our detailed instructions on providing CNAMEs for various registrars. If yours isn't listed, or if you run into other difficulties, contact your registrar directly and they can help you out.

A-records (optional)
    The following action links your naked domain (example.com) to your actual site (www.example.com). If you skip this step, visitors who leave off the "www" will see an error page.
    Enter your domain name in the format example.com, and list the I.P. addresses shown below in the "A" section. You'll need to create four separate A-records which point to four different Google IPs.

Update your Blogger settings

Before you move onto this step, wait about an hour for your DNS settings to activate. If you attempt to change the publishing settings before the DNS changes activate, then we'll let you know with a warning message.

Now it’s time to make sure Blogger knows about your custom domain so that Google can direct readers to your blog. Just head back to Blogger and update the information on your Settings | Basic tab. Find the area for "Publishing," and click the link to add a custom domain.

Then, click on "Switch to advanced settings."

Enter in the URL for your custom domain in the text box provided, and click Save. That’s it! Your blogspot.com address will soon redirect to your new custom domain -- be patient, as it might take up to 24 hours for the redirect to start working.

Congratulations, you’re all set!

Some helpful notes:
    If your new domain isn't taking you to your blog, wait another day or two to make sure all the DNS servers have been updated. If it still isn't working, contact your registrar to make sure you entered the DNS settings correctly.
    Your original Blogspot address will automatically forward to your new domain. That way, any existing links or bookmarks to your site will still work.
    Your posted images will continue to display on your blog.

I googled the issue it works most times

tech2006, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  3. sivric.marijan

sivric.marijan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for copying this text from somewhere else!!! :D

sivric.marijan, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  4. sivric.marijan

sivric.marijan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please...someone...I tried everything and it's not working! :(

sivric.marijan, May 3, 2012 IP
  5. tmkpe17

tmkpe17 Peon

Best Answers:
    How I add separate A-records in 1and1 (for different google IPs)?
    And what is about IPv6 Addr:(AAAA-Record) ?
    Please Help.....!

tmkpe17, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  6. celavi5

celavi5 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree.... the text in the above post was simply pasted from Google's help page :

(http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1233381&page=ts.cs
    then choosing:
    1.host my blog, 2.not GoDaddy, 3.top level domain)

So, this continues to be a problem and those instructions are not helpful to people who really have 1and1 domains.

Any other suggestions from any 1and1 domain users?

Thanks very much!

celavi5, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  7. mridey

mridey Peon

Best Answers:
    I've published instructions on how to configure 1and1.com and Blogger using CloudNS.
    Look for http://blog.mridey.com/2012/10/how-to-setup-your-blogger-blog-with.html

mridey, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  8. bms

bms Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    bms, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  9. Whkan

Whkan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I found the solution from http://blog.mridey.com/2013/03/how-to-setup-your-blogger-blog-with.html .it works on me !!!!i have been struggling for couple of days to redirect my 1 & 1 domain to blogger.Finally is done!!!! good luck.

http://www.downloadworkoutplan.com/

Whkan, Oct 18, 2014 IP
  10. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found 1and1 control panel too complicated. Better to use Godaddy easy to work. By the way You can contact or create a support ticket to 1and1.

iwebsocial, Nov 8, 2014 IP