1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger & Adsense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by gobbly2100, Apr 15, 2009.

Hey folks,

How good is a blogger blog for making revenue with adsense? Am I better hosting a blog myself like Wordpress or something?

Also, what is traffic like for a Blogger blog? Is it tough to get any traffic?

Would appreciate any feedback regarding Blogger and making money with Adsense!

gobbly2100, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  2. genicon

genicon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello! I am kind of new in the blogging world as well, but from my own experience I would say that it pays off better with a self-hosted domain since it has more options you can build on, ONLY if you are up for some real work and you're ready to invest time in your website. Because, as soon as you'll start getting traffic (high volumes, that is) it will be easier for you to find other income means - like directly selling ad spaces etc. Usually companies tend to ignore blogger blogs on that matter.

However, getting traffic on blogger blogs is not really that difficult. It depends on your niche, of course, and how good you optimize it, but there are lots of Blogger blogs out there getting over 15k uniques per day. And I would consider that a great achievement.

genicon, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  3. zidit

zidit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blogger is easier system than wordpress but I think wp with reliable host can have the better SEO.

zidit, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  4. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will advice you to go with your own domain and hossting with wordpress setup.
    because blogger blogs are never taken seriosuly, They do Somtimes, but for that it takes so much of hardwork and constant progress.

Oranges, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  5. mobixone

mobixone Peon

Best Answers:
    blogspot.com is good for adsense it is sported to google adsense also u can place add on selected places for adsense in blogspot. wordpress free blog dont allow adsense.

mobixone, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  6. brianconor

brianconor Peon

Best Answers:
    You can start with blogspot or even wordpress, but for long run your own host and domain is really worth. SImply because you have more control over your website or blog and you never know when these free hosting sites turn you down if you have pretty good incoming coming from these.

brianconor, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  7. Gabung

Gabung Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think u should use ur own domain and host it in a trusted server company.

Gabung, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  8. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it matters what platform you use at all. I know you can create great looking blogs on Wordpress and you have great options for plugins, but from my experience Blogger has always done the job perfectly enough.

You can reach into the HTML source code and even find templates that will make your Blogger blog look extremely unique and from an SEO stand point you can't go wrong - you only have to look at Grizzly's dominance in the MMO niche.

Logging in today I found a few little changes added in Blogger, such as the mobile uploading. Seems like Google are more than happy to keep pumping money into the project and this will no doubt continue. Blogger is simply to use and the hosting is reliable (my old Bravenet hosting was always going down)! I Can't vouch for Wordpress as I have never felt the need to use it.

You'll find that advertisers, web users and even search engines don't seem to care what platform you use one single bit. The only complaints seem to come on these webmaster forums from WP fan boys lol. I will say that getting on a fresh domain (ideally a dot com) is vital as atleast you have full ownership then.:)

Ryan6, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  9. cormar

cormar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think generally websites earns more money when it comes to adsense than those blogs. coz websites has got many options to put and view the ads whichever way you want.

cormar, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  10. atifzain

atifzain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blogger is the best option for adsense as compare to WordPress. For this you need a good blog template and placement strategy. Usually blog of general interest earn more. And small adsense links are more profit able if they are look a like blog internal links and text.

atifzain, Apr 16, 2009 IP