1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BLOG Warning and advice

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by bluegill_catcher, Dec 7, 2005.

Do NOT place all your blogs on www.blogger.com if you have a lot of them. I have been working on my blogs since last year about this same time. I had 13 blogs, each one was getting big, I worked on them all every day, taking at least an hour in the wee hours of the morning. My blogs were all on different subjects and the traffic was slowly building up over the year of hard work.

Then I made a fatal mistake, in the side bar area under where I had my YPN code I placed small text links amd descriptions to each other blog I had, so folks could see my other blog subjects and find them.

Now monday I noticed that when logging into my blogger account and trying to post I got a message saying: That blog could not be found.

Seems just adding links to other blogs you have, can get your blogs shutdown. I got an email saying that they were all considered SPAM Blogs because of the linking. Each blog had actual news articles related to the subject, and some had massive amounts of articles on them, in otherwords it was a year of hard work and a lot of time making them.

So in other words, I lost a year of blog and website work, because I had no control over the site that hosted my blogs, stupid me yes.......... so friends just beware, if you do a blog make sure you have it all on your own server, and have complete control over them.

bluegill_catcher, Dec 7, 2005 IP
    Ladan Lashkari likes this.
  2. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The Text data can be found in cache of SEs.

My friend deleted my blog (in my signature) by mistake, I just made a new one again yesterday...just copied and pasted from the cache.

sachin410, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  3. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You sure its not just a temp glitch? Have you contacted them?

Also, you did you keep a back-up of your pages, didn't you?! ;)

Dio, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  4. dotcomguy

dotcomguy Peon

Best Answers:
    bummer, Hope you sort it out buddy.

dotcomguy, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  5. cpucandy

cpucandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I too lost a couple of blogs. I am sure it was no mistake. I first started with them for experimentation. :)

cpucandy, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear this. I still have about 25 blogger blogs, but don't really post a lot on them. I'm leaving them on blogspot for now, because that is the way they've been indexed for a while now.

Blogmaster, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  7. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    They deleted 2 blogs I had as well, all because I had a "favorite links" column. I speculate that's the reason, because they never returned my emails and they seem to delete all the posts where people complained about it.

Fook Blogger.

mdvaldosta, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  8. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's harsh - I wonder how much power the Flag This Blog button has as well, for competitors I mean. I'm glad I publish to my server in that case - and it underlines the need to keep back-ups - the Monthly Archive Pages are a good source for archiving.

Dio, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  9. cpucandy

cpucandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Question on the backup.

I do have backups of all my postings. If I was to start a new blog and add all of these posts, what kind of duplicate content penalty should I expect? I believe that their will be some kind until the old pages get removed from the search engines.

cpucandy, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  10. izahan

izahan Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 3 at blogger but I'm moving to my own host come 2006 (and my first inernet revenue check :D)

izahan, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  11. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And one thing to try - I deleted my old blog from the blogspot server a while back, however, all the old archive pages still exist on the blogspot server [Example here]

If you can remember the URL of the archive pages (try google cache) and they're still there on Blogspot despite the blogs being deleted, you could get the content there. Well worth a look.

Dio, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  12. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yes, just thought, you may need to sign back up with a blog of the same name to get them live again - that's what happened with mine. I deleted the blogpsot service when I signed over to my new server, but re-created a holding page with the same name as the old one.

Dio, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  13. marvinniven

marvinniven Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Dio

Like your Monkey pic - I haven't seen one for ages. What a great programme it was...

marvinniven, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  14. MorgansMom

MorgansMom Peon

Best Answers:
    WTF!?

I link to 2 other blogs on 3 of mine and have from day one (and they're not related). I've never had a problem - but where does it say that we can't do that?

That's the biggest load of bs I've ever heard. Now I'm really mad for you guys losing your blogs. That's just wrong!

MorgansMom, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  15. madkad

madkad Active Member

Best Answers:
    well it dosnt sound good to me i am thinking of doing blogs as well soon and if that has happend to you op then thanks for the info :)

madkad, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  16. cpucandy

cpucandy Peon

Best Answers:
    My recommendation for anyone looking to work with blogs is to use your own domain and host provider. I personally have started to use Wordpress and have been very satisfied.

Wordpress out of the box needs a couple of modifications for SEO purposes, so do a search for "seo wordpress". You will find a lot of excellant tips to use before you get your blog off the ground.

cpucandy, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  17. capebretoner

capebretoner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't like to trust anyone, and am parniod abot back-ups too.

I host my own blogs, and sites on other people's servers and that makes me worry enough, I can't think about using someone else's site for my content. It would drive me batty. I already make daily back-ups of my sites and archive them on CD weekly.

For blogging software, Wordpress is the best that I have found. Works nice, easy to template, etc...

capebretoner, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  18. Selkirk

Selkirk Peon

Best Answers:
    It is best to control your own destiny by at the very least owning your own domain name.

Selkirk, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  19. Wally

Wally Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have you tried the "Waybackmachine" already?

Wally, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  20. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never liked Blogger because it's restrictive. At least with WP you have more control. Why have Google limited it to hosting with them I wonder? I know you can do a mod rewrite to change the domain, but that still doesnt give you control I suspect?

DarrenC, Dec 7, 2005 IP