1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog Setup Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by meshazia, Oct 6, 2014.

Hi, I want to create a website with WordPress blog to promote my services. I want advice regarding setting up the blog and SEO. What would be the better option for me as I want home page as static page instead of recent blog posts)?

(1) I install the WordPress on home directory and set one of the static page as home page.
    (2) Installing the WordPress in blog sub-directory (like mywebsite.com/blog) and having a well designed static home page.

What is better for SEO?

meshazia, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  2. www_HypeFree_com

www_HypeFree_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think for SEO it's better /blog then blog.domain I have done both over the years and that is my observation. I don't have access to what Matt Cutts does and his Google Algorithm but I'm fairly confident that its' better for SEO.

Good luck.

www_HypeFree_com, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  3. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    The best thing to do is to just create the website and have a subpage for the blog. It works better. SEO wise it is the better path to take. So instead of xyz.domain.com you can go ahead to xyz.com. You can set a static page in WordPress as homepage it is found in the settings.

usemyteam, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  4. Alena Grokholsky

Alena Grokholsky Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone, Im fairy new to blogging and I'm trying to set up a FollowMe/Subscribe button on my Wordpress blog but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I found something that I like on a different blog and was wondering if anyone knows how to get the same button. It looks like a small botton but when you put your curser over it then it expends.Here is a pic. Thanks for any help.
    Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 11.59.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 11.59.33 PM.png

Alena Grokholsky, Oct 11, 2014 IP
  5. samazgor

samazgor Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Follow Step 1. Then create a blank page with the name "Blog" and set it as Posts page: in the settings.

I agree with @usemyteam .

samazgor, Oct 20, 2014 IP
    usemyteam likes this.
  6. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is good for SEO. Just make sure you follow how to run wordpress. They come with tutorial also.

Dario McNut, Oct 30, 2014 IP