1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog Reading

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by RichUser, Jan 4, 2008.

Hello,

When you are subscribing to the rss reader of blog, what do you mostly like to see the blog have? I soon plan to open my own blog, in which I plan to help people out the most, and actually give private tutoring. I need to know which elements to include.

Thanks in advance.

RichUser, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  2. boebi

boebi Peon

Best Answers:
    first off, youd on't subscribe to an rss reader, but to an rss feed :)
    The reader interprets the feed ;)

What I'd say is make good titles. Rss just gives the title and a little 'preview' text, I mostly read the title, and if I'm interested I read on :)

boebi, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  3. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Shoot sorry, was too late at night and brain didn't function properly x_x

RichUser, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  4. digitized

digitized Guest

Best Answers:
    I'd encourage you to set a posting schedual and stick to it too, as there's a possibility that your readers wont have an RSS reader or know how to use it, so will just manually check back from time to time. If they know when to expect a new post they will know when to look. On the other hand if you post randomly your readers are likely to stop checking.

digitized, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  5. gyoumans

gyoumans Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi RichUser

What is your blog about? What are you interested in? What are you going to give private tutoring about?

gyoumans, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  6. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    The blog isn't up yet. I will be covering everything related to Internet Marketing.

I would be giving private tutoring on making money, considering that I am making over 5 grand a month right now, and that amount will double in the next month or so.

RichUser, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  7. zacdavis

zacdavis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    5 Grand A Month. Holy crap...

EDIT: I would like to see quality content before I subscribe.

zacdavis, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  8. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    I perfectly understand that part. I just want to know what other features would you like to see.

RichUser, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  9. zacdavis

Best Answers:
    The layout needs to be nice and simple I don't like huge flashy ones that make my eyes bleed.

zacdavis, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  10. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok. What about information wise. I will probably be including in a cash prize contest every week.

What I plan to also do is hire coders, and have them create me programs that are out already, and a myspace friend adder and other bots and so on. And then I would give out the download link to them for free.

RichUser, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  11. zacdavis

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty much your basic reader, all I care about is content and readability. The contests would help you stand out, as I would definitely subscribe for the regular contests. I would also subscribe if you were giving away free programs.

zacdavis, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  12. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks. What about the idea that I had that people can submit me their questions, and I will answer them publicly via a blog spot.

RichUser, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  13. zacdavis

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about blog comments? Or a "Reader Questions" post that states all the questions you've recieved from reader and answers them?

zacdavis, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  14. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    I will have a nice button on my blog, which you can press and send in a question. I then answer your question via a blog post. So the option:

" Or a "Reader Questions" post that states all the questions you've recieved from reader and answers them?"

RichUser, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  15. zacdavis

Best Answers:
    That's a good idea. I like when blog authors do that, because it sometimes answers questions that I had, but maybe forgot to ask. It also shows that they care about their readers.

zacdavis, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  16. SEMSpot

SEMSpot Peon

Best Answers:
    The title is very important, use something that will make me want to read on. Having some sort of posting schedule is important. It does not have to be everyday, but if you post 5 times a week when you start out then try and stick to that every week. Posting 5 times one week, 2 times the next, then once, then back to 5 can have readers go elsewhere. I use full RSS feeds for my blog, this way the person reading does not even have to visit my site if they want to. Some people will not stay subscribed if it is only a partial feed. Give the option for an email subscription, some people like there feeds emailed to them instead. Do not clutter your blog with adsense and other affiliate related ads. The readers want to read your good content and not sort through all of your ads. Last but not least, offer good quality content to your readers. I am sure you already know this, but that can not be said enough times to anyone starting a new blog. That is what will keep your readers coming back time and time again.

SEMSpot, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  17. anand1

anand1 Banned

Best Answers:
    I only go for the latest news while subscribing for the RSS of any blog.

anand1, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  18. zacdavis

Best Answers:
    Latest news? What if it isn't a blog where news is suitable?

zacdavis, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  19. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In this case content is king. Nobody wants to read about things that everybody talks about. There is no need for another copy of John Chow, there is no need for posts about 'how success comes with the right mindset" etc. Don't follow the crowd. :)

Just my 2 cents.

JeremiaSK8, Jan 6, 2008 IP