1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog Marketing

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by msaad, Aug 26, 2004.

1. thehomelessguy

thehomelessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an aged thread but I thought I'd chime in.
    Blogs started out as being sources of information - lists of links to news worthy/interesting items on the web.

The creators of blogger saw blogs as having the potential for being something else, namely "community." And it was easy enough to see that, so when I started blogging, it was natural for me to use the many free devices, tag boards, discussion boards, comment boxes, with which to build myself a community. And being that so many people spend so much time on computers it was only natural that they be drawn to this new aspect.

I surfed other blogs and made contact with the owners and inviting them to see my blog as well. This alone, even for a boring blog, can generate 50 to 100 hits a day - that's if you keep at it.

Besides building the community links, you have to provide something for the people to see when they come to your blog. If you only post once a week, you might as well forget having an audience. Even if it's crap, as long as each time a person visits your blog, they have something new to read, or picture to look at, you'll maintain your readership. Then, if you just happen to fill a niche, or if you can express yourself cleaverly enough, your readership will grow.

Also, put www.sitemeter.com on your blog so you can see who is visiting, and how they are linking to you. If someone has linked to you, and you respond to that link with a short note of thanks, or engage in some conversation, you have secured yourself a powerful link which will generate multifold traffic - especially if the link is on a discussion board. And site meter will let you know which discussion boards are talking about you, or linking to something on your blog.

that's pretty much all I did to promote my blog - the rest was history.

kevin
    aka the homelessguy
    at http://www.thehomelessguy.net

thehomelessguy, Jan 9, 2005 IP