1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog content vs. e-commerce conversion?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by bacizone, Dec 22, 2017.

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a unique problem of mine: I have a webshop and blog at the same domain. Niche area (music industry, focus on media composers/musician, downloadable products, purchases are triggered by emotions rather than problems awareness, kind of lifestyle products), some hundreds visitors a day after 1.5 a year, but most of them lands on the blog and reads articles there. Articles have links to products, all have a usp and the products are not available anywhere else.

Blog content is made around keyword but more around thematic topics, following the latest seo trends. For some niche keyword the site ranks quite well, but it is not in the SERP for the main and most competitive ones. The main point it tries to be educative, entertaining, so overall offering value. The blog articles are quite popular and shared, yet they seem to cannibalize the shop content, so a very few purchases made from blog clickthroughs.

However when I release a new product and the buzz is happening around the product, they sell well for around 2-3 weeks, then fade out (marketing is intermittent, not everyday task.) to sporadic purchases.

Customers love the products as well, I rarely get less than 5 star reviews.

Any better way to convert readers to buyers?

More time? More articles? More brand-building?

I'd like to hear your experience about this.

thanks,
    Baci

bacizone, Dec 22, 2017 IP
  2. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As you may already know, Blog marketing is a great inbound marketing technique to establish yourself as a strong expert in your niche and promote your products as well. Is your blog integrated with your webshop? If no, please make sure that happens and while your customers are reading the blog, you can show some product ads on the side to garner their interest.

Also, get their emails. This is very important. Along with your blog, use email marketing campaigns to tell people about products, sale and exclusive coupons. The key is to retarget your loyal customers to improve the purchase and blogs alone can't do that.

Bella Lopez, Jan 4, 2018 IP
  3. bacizone

bacizone Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply.

Sure my blog is integrated into the shop, the articles have links to products.

I also collect emails on the usual sign-up form and they convert relatively good.

Any other useful idea?

bacizone, Jan 5, 2018 IP