1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blocking automatic vulnerability scanners

Discussion in 'Apache' started by danzor, Feb 5, 2006.

over the past few days, ive noticed a few odd entries in the server error log. now, because i have pretty much none of the requested software installed there, i put it down to bot scanners. now, i was wondering if there was any way to stop them?
    i dont want them scanning something that will potentially spell the end for my server. here are a few entries:

danzor, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  2. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    There isnt really a way to avoid the actual ping that goes to your server and I see no reason in redirecting these pings to anything else as it would make no difference since these are bots scanning for vulnerabilities. If you are already blocking the vuln, they it means you are aware of it and it is patched, just let them scan then. You should be worried about keeping everything up to date for new vulenrabilities that you havnt patched yet.

INV, Feb 5, 2006 IP