1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

block people from viewing my ebay items?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by suzie1, May 6, 2011.

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to block people from viewing my ebay items?
    i design and make crafts to sell and a week after i put items up for sale this 1 certain seller always copies my design exactly and sells for alot cheaper! SO ANNOYING!

can i maybe put some kind of script in the html on my ebay listing to block this seller? or even block the whole state that she is in? (i am that desperate)
    maybe block a whole range of ip addresses?

suzie1, May 6, 2011 IP
  2. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can block a country, but not an individual. Also you can stop anyone not viewing your auctions on ebay ;)
    However you can put some kind of water mark on your pictures and also mention his seller ID in your auction saying dont buy from him !!!!

China_girl, May 6, 2011 IP
  3. lor

lor Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, don't mention the other seller in your auction. Bad form and eBay will frown fiercely and slap you.

The problem with selling art and forms of art on ebay, is that it inspires others to create the same or similar item, especially if those items are earning a good dollar.
    Add words to your listings like the "original widget designs" from "whateveryouridis". Add a disclaimer of sorts to the listings stating that you are the original creator of these "widgets" and all others are copies and may not be of the same high quality.

Copyright and craft has a lot of sticky points. Most people simple get inspired to create something of a similar genre, and sadly, they can and they do.

Good luck.

PS

Oh, and you can only block individuals from purchasing, not from viewing.

lor, May 9, 2011 IP
  4. johnwarner75

johnwarner75 Peon

Best Answers:
    That’s a tricky one, somebody is obviously watching you and replication your business model. Maybe look at other markets? or keep changing your product regularly..

johnwarner75, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  5. fifa_fushigiyuugi

fifa_fushigiyuugi Peon

Best Answers:
    Put a watermark on your picture and claim originality. You think what the other guy is doing is illegal? If so maybe you can report to eBay and see what they have got to say about that.

fifa_fushigiyuugi, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  6. sellahremy

sellahremy Peon

Best Answers:
    u can prevent people with bad feed back from bidding

sellahremy, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  7. AMOLLA

AMOLLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Put a mistake in the text description, if they copy it, then you can point that he has copied your text to eBay. For the images a watermark is enough

AMOLLA, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  8. fifa_fushigiyuugi

fifa_fushigiyuugi Peon

Best Answers:
    giving bad feedback from bidding to people will not make sense if you're having a copyright issue with the seller. just report it to ebay if you think what he's doing is illegal.

fifa_fushigiyuugi, Jul 29, 2011 IP