1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blank Magento Homepage

Discussion in 'Programming' started by gizmo101.net, Jul 20, 2014.

My Magento website stopped working all of the sudden. Now it just shows a blank page: www.mywheelrepair.com

The blog (WordPress) seems to be working somewhat fine, but it does show a parse error at the end of the page: blog.mywheelrepair.com

I think there is a connection in the errors, although the main website is in Magento and the blog is in Wordpress.

gizmo101.net, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing happens "all of a sudden" - SOMETHING has been done. Either you upgraded something, installed a plugin, removed a plugin, edited some code, or the host did something to the server, upgraded something, changed something - SOMETHING must have been done to create "sudden" errors.
    Besides, there's no "parse error" at the blog - perhaps you're logged in? That might return different results.
    The Magento-page, however, has an error in the prolog - ie, it's not even parsing correctly. This might have to do with a config-error, or an error in a heading-template file, or something similar.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whoa you definitely stuffed up something. When I visit that site its trying to run the updater to install a new version. That is bad, very bad.

Without some access it would take a while to debug this one.

Check app>etc>config.xml and see what is going on if anything different.

Also, see if you have maintenance flag in your root folder. Do not, I repeat, do not mess with updating that from /downloader.

Nigel

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    Nigel Lew, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  4. gizmo101.net

gizmo101.net Member

Best Answers:
    Problem solved.

gizmo101.net, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What I am seeing currently is an apache issue. Almost like the host updated php without telling anyone.

Any hoo. If you can flesh it out I am happy to take a look. I have to mess with Magento on a daily basis but I have not seen that sort of issue since around the 1.3 branch

N.

Nigel Lew, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  6. Harshal shah

Harshal shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I saw your site. It looks preety good. All the best with its business.

Thanks

Harshal shah, Oct 14, 2014 IP