1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blank ad spots with just one ad

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tom22, Feb 17, 2005.

Recently, I have noticed that on my site with a 160x600 AdSense ad on it, only a few ads have been showing up. Sometimes as low as one or two, sometimes as many as four - but never completely full. Before, it had always been full of ads to display. With the Sandbox tool and Preview tool it still shows plenty of ads, but they just haven't been showing up. It's also odd because if you refresh, the number of ads that are being displayed changes. It almost seems like a random thing that Google is trying out.

Has anyone seen anything similar recently?

tom22, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  2. seank1

seank1 Peon

Best Answers:
    How long have the ads been up? It takes a while (2-4 days) for google's adsense spider to fully spider and display relevant ads.

Try refreshing the page tomorrow and the day after and your number of ads should settle down.

seank1, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  3. tom22

tom22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response.

The ads have been up for months and nothing major has changed lately. They are on a number of different pages on the same site, and ads on all pages are acting in the same strange way.

Perhaps you're right, things might be back to normal tomorrow. I'll let you know. :)

tom22, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  4. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    i can see the same thing on my site. Where you come from tom ? Im from Poland and my page is about topic that is not very good for ads, but there were at least 3-5 of them, and now its 0. sometimes 1. no idea why.

juice99, Feb 18, 2005 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    More and more AdWords advertisers choose to not show their ads via AdSense (from what I hear & including myself). That could explain it.

T0PS3O, Feb 18, 2005 IP