1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blackhat?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Vanesa, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Bagless

Bagless Active Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Bagless, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  2. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    In Google and other SEs eyes, blackhat is illegal and will punish you. Besides that, in real world, its totally legal because you can do whatever you like on your own website, of cause, eat consequence.

Techniques? Check google webmaster guide, what google mentioned and let you not to do it, are the techniques.

DoDo Me, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  3. varuntewani

varuntewani Peon

Best Answers:
    Black Hat search engine optimization is customarily defined as techniques that are used to get higher search rankings in an unethical manner.

varuntewani, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  4. ruby.mein

ruby.mein Peon

Best Answers:
    Black Hat SEO uses illegal ways just to get back links easily.. Most of the strategies they are using are link farms, cloaking, etc..

ruby.mein, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  5. tomassantos

tomassantos Peon

Best Answers:
    And a council: Don't use blackseo, because the consequences will be very bad, and the Google in'st fool.

tomassantos, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  6. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    Not that bad. Blackhat seo has a short life, one month, one year or sometimes only one week, but quick cash something is enough. I am not encourage you do blackhat here, just want to make the point. Blackhat like hacker, not good in normal way, but some people enjoy it.

Google is not a fool and will eat your blackhat now or later. But you should decide to try or not, it's not drugs :)

DoDo Me, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  7. writingworks

writingworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Certainly...no one would spoon feed you. I am new to this SEO thing and it looks I still have a long way to go:eek:

writingworks, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  8. hrcerqueira

hrcerqueira Peon

Best Answers:
    Think of you as a search engine user. You expect that the results match your query with accuracy, both in content match and in results positions, being the top results the ones with higher relevancy. And when that doesn't happen you get really pissed of right?

So, do you really consider that deceiving a search engine is not unethical?

hrcerqueira, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  9. Rodder7

Rodder7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    one way of looking at it is monetizing every method possible ethical or not. from that point of view, there are some unethical blackhat fortune 500 companies that operate and have many such policies built in to their marketing strategies. they refer to this as 'aggressive marketing'. based on such models, using this 'aggressive marketing'(blackhat techniques) does not make up the the whole of the company and there fore they look like really nice huggable whitehat companies who protect your interest(tear). i'm not saying it's right, but let YOUR conscious be your guide. as for me i'm listing articles in 6000 directories to get backlinks and gain better position on the search engines. many of my peers do the same. they consider it wh marketing??? are they doing it in good will because it's a great article and they want to share it with the world? nope and they will tell you the same thing. so im doing something not for it's intended purpose of sharing the article and for a different agenda. by rigid standards, is that not blackhat?

Rodder7, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  10. abiel

abiel Guest

Best Answers:
    In short, blackhat is illegal or unethical which may causes your site to be ban in search engine.

abiel, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  11. Rodder7

Rodder7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    the point of my post is to show there is a gray area with ethics and a lot of companies and individuals that claim to be whitehat cross it and in some cases more than that. it just depends on what your perspective is as to what is ethical. as for illegal, i have yet to hear a case where Interpol has come out and arrested someone for a doorway page. someone does something illegal=go to jail. bh or wh.

Rodder7, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  12. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    It's illegal, in Google's eye.
    It's unethical, in average John's eye.

DoDo Me, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  13. ian_batten

ian_batten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disgree strongly with that statement. The majority of blackhat is unethical. You're telling me that hiding referers to receive masked or fake traffic to CPA offers is ethical? If so, you need to rethink your morals.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I'd actually fairly intrigued by blackhat methods. But to say it's unethical, is just not true.

And some blackhat techniques ARE bordering on illegal. Mind you, what isn't illegal this day in age.

ian_batten, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  14. Rodder7

Rodder7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    as I said in my first post on this thread(i think a good one), let your conscious be your guide. if it feels wrong, then it is wrong. you are your best, and at the end of the day, only real judge.

Rodder7, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  15. KallenK

KallenK Banned

Best Answers:
    Blackhat doesn't mean illegal. There are many forms of Blackhat and it usually sums up as going against the rules of something.

With Blackhat SEO you are mainly focusing on short term boosts rather than long standing improvements for your site.

KallenK, Jul 8, 2009 IP