1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blackhat myths and facts

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 1EightT, Jan 22, 2007.

1. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    You are wrong, it's as simple as that.

I'm in the middle of a huge file upload so I will humor you one more time. That is an interesting non arguement you make for a couple of reasons. First of all you talk about a moron with 50,000 hits compared to a smart webmaster who will make more on 50 hits. This does great to sway to ignorant who know nothing about selling online but it doesn't fool me or anyone else with a brain. If you are going to make this statement

"A moron with 50,000 people is sure to sell something to someone. But a smart webmaster with 50 people can make more."

You have to follow it up with this one to not be a one sided propoganda master.

"A moron with all the content in the world will probably get some traffic somewhere but a smart webmaster with little to no content will have more."

Now that we have the irrelevant arguement out of the way I'll break it down even more.

I could give you a Yahoo clone, word for word, page for page today. Wow that sure is a lot of content! Too bad you have no traffic and it won't fall out of the sky to make you money. You would be hard pressed to EVER generate the traffic yahoo does but you have the same content. We'll just ignore your expenses of keeping it online until you can break even. Hard to follow I know.

Now if I gave you a site pumping the traffic yahoo gets, lets just make up a number like 2 million hits per day, you can't help but make money on it. You could link to one of 50,000 sites or products online, sell links, run adsense, sell hard goods, and you would have people pestering you daily to purchase traffic anyway. You don't know how to target? So freakin what. You show smart webmasters a site getting 2 million per day and they will fall all over themselves to target it for you. You would have zero problem making money, having others make money for you, or just parking your page at SEDO and going to sleep.

Now all the way back to your original statement, I'm a smart webmaster with over 50,000 hits so I'm pretty sure I can beat how much you'd make on 50. I won't even mention the fact that you've been told 20 times we use the quick and painless money from our "blackhat" sites to build up our "white" sites much faster than you ever could. We can afford much more content, people to put it there for us, as many scripts as we want, and more. No I won't mention that because it will prove for the 10th time in this thread alone how wrong you are and I don't want to be the one to put it in the double digits.

I could go on all day but I'll leave you with one more. I've had this content vs traffic arguement dozens of times, usually with people selling ..... content. One of the arguments they like to use is something like "Look at google, their great content made them the biggest SE but all the traffic in the world won't make a bad SE popular". Too bad for them google does exactly what I do as a blackhat webmaster. They take OTHER PEOPLES CONTENT and republish pieces of it. Imagine that, Google calls me blackhat for using their business model. The same one used by Yahoo, Google, Digg, Reddit, MySpace, Facebook, and just about every other site you will ever see in the top 100 on the web.

Game - Point - Match

I (Traffic) win.

I will not be responding to anything you say. My files are uploaded and I've made my point for anyone smart enough to read and form their own opinion. You've already proven that you refuse to listen and I'm only sad that you've based your entire internet existance on the wrong side of the content / traffic coin. Better you than me though.

Cheers

30k Challenge, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  2. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For some odd reason I don't believe you. You said that before.;)

I was being a little sarcastic there but it is true.

That is where you made your error. If seo could be bought just like that I wouldn't do it myself. If I could just use my millions to pay someone else to do it I would site back and relax. It isn't quite that simple. Yes there are seo who do a great job but they don't do what I would do. And as for your claim you can make more than me in less time with less effort that is what you think. I have to agree on one thing. Some respected seo such as randfish don't make what they should unlike the top BH seo. However it isn't because they couldn't because they easily could.
    What your referring to is words not content. Content is when a webmaster puts his/her heart into their work. It is when visitors can tell that not only you know what your talking about but you love it as well. This is content. And this cannot be bought.

What I am trying to point out is that people want information not a 'buy it here' link. You can and will sell even if you have the worst site in the world however that doesn't mean your conversion is very good. If you had spent time making the site useful you might convert 500 times more.

visio, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  3. adiace

adiace Active Member

Best Answers:
    The point they've been trying to get across to you is that with very little work they will get 50 sales (just an example) by making a site and indexing it usually within a day, where you say that if you spend time and love and blah blah blah on your site you might convert 500 times more.... :rolleyes: which is unlikely and extremely exaggerated, take a fraction of that and I'd still say BS to converting better.

adiace, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  4. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I am trying to get through to you is that BH is not necessarily easier or produces more money than WH sites. I can do exactly what you said with totally WH methods and easily make 50 sales, easily... The long-tail market isn't just BH sites you know. You think the short-cuts are only in BH. Not true at all.

visio, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  5. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know, i've done affiliate marketing for years with both white hat and black hat domains. High conversions can be attained with white hat domains, but it is far more work. I can put up 50 cj sites in an afternoon and within two weeks of sitting around bring in 100+ dollars a day. The affiliate market is like a gold mine for black hat if you have decent tools.

1EightT, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  6. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree there is easy money in the affiliate market and an average WH webmaster probably couldn't compete however if you have the experience I believe you can make more than that in the white hat market.

You can make $100/day with 50 cj sites in two weeks. Well I have done that with one. Again the average wh webmaster probably couldn't. How long do these domains usually last? 30 days? 60 days? How much do you end up making on average in that span for these domains?

What I am trying to illustrate is that a BH income will look like chicken feed compared to a WH site IF done right. I am not talking about john doe sites, clones and other useless sites that are basically just copies of originals. What I am talking about is originals. You get what I am saying? I see alot of webmasters who should go BH because there sites are crap. They have no information and are going nowhere that way. In that situation a WH strategy is not going to get them anywhere. Do you get what I am saying?

visio, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  7. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL give up man. Who needs competition anyhow. :rolleyes:

30k Challenge, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  8. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I joined his side I would be less of competition especially if I bought his program;) -

visio, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  9. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not trying to convert visio, I think he and I are just airing both sides of the story. :)

1EightT, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  10. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so, are you guys agree to disagree and respect each other now?

if an object is to make money, I think WH or BH won't matter. But I think BH is quicker and probably easier.

coolsitez, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  11. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you! Finally someone writes whats on my mind.
    Well, I disagree with this assessment, but I respect your opinion :D

andre75, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  12. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Visio and I have talked, I don't think there are any ill feelings between us. Just sharing both sides of the story. In fact, things would be boring around here if he wasn't around to counter my posts.

As far as white or black being easier, it depends. I think you can make more money faster with black hat for sure. The guys that are a success take that money and reinvest it in longer term things. Mybusiness partner and I are working on such a project now. I'm sure everyone on digitalpoint will be using it when it is finished (white or black)

1EightT, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  13. coolsitez

Best Answers:
    Hey, how about using BH to make $ to invest $ for WH websites? That could be even better.

coolsitez, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  14. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    That's what I just said in the post above yours :)

1EightT, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  15. coolsitez

Best Answers:
    I think that's a even better plan. Would that make you grey hat then? :D

coolsitez, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  16. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What, are you trying to compete with Brad Callen?:p

visio, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  17. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    He will be trying to compete with me in a few months :)

1EightT, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  18. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll both have to catch my ass. :D

30k Challenge, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  19. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    It's always good to have some competition and a challenge :)

1EightT, Feb 11, 2007 IP
  20. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    8 days & no more yappin, I'll bring this thread back to life with a comment and questions.

C: A lot of people are saying stuff like I'm a pretty good white hatter too. I think that goes without being said. It's like a perl or php guy has to be good at html, if not his sites would be a bunch of txt files.

Q: To what extent does G, Y! & MSN try to track down BHers?

Say, hypothetically speaking of course, someone wanted to dabble in BH while still walking in the daylight. How secretive do you actually have to be to not leave a trail? Get a family member to lease out your domain? Hosting too? Private servers only? How about uploading via FTP and having your IP address logged? Do you have to spoof everything? How about the YPN or adwords account?

OK so G has lots to do that does not include tracking BHers down. I might be paranoid but this thread seems pretty open to answer the basics of this stuff, I guess I'll ask it since I've already spend 1 hour reading your rants.

ErectADirectory, Feb 19, 2007 IP