1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blackhat myths and facts

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 1EightT, Jan 22, 2007.

1. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:

The first link in my signature is a forum that has a couple articles I wrote explaining cloaking . That might help you get a better understanding for it if you are unsure about the specifics.

1EightT, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  2. EasyMarketer

EasyMarketer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Btw 1Eight, I was interested in your software btw, but wanted to buy a lifetime license for like 1,000.00 not the monthly deal because i forget to pay :-p

EasyMarketer, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  3. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    lol, just pm me and we can figure it out :)

1EightT, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  4. guia

guia Banned

Best Answers:
    Spamming through posting to classified ads may cause IP blocked. how can i solve this?

guia, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  5. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Use a proxy

1EightT, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  6. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is where my problem lies.... Yes I know they can add captcha and stuff so you guys can't get in but I have been to classifieds you guys have spammed and it is terrible. It used to be I could go there browse through and find a car I liked and call. Now I have to sift through all the spam.
    There are ways besides spamming that you can get links. One of these methods still works pretty well and won't get you banned.

visio, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  7. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I never spam anything that public. Draws too much attention to your sites. I shoot more for links in places where the search engines visit often, but people not so much. I stay away from forums, classifieds, etc.

1EightT, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  8. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, this might be something I have to read up on and learn some more about. Even if BH is something I end up not agreeing with, I think it will help at least knowing what others are up to and how it could affect my site. But, I'm not the kind of person who knocks something before trying or knowing about it....

Firegirl, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  9. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    And one question I have is about hosting. I know you buy the domains for really cheap, but how much do you spend on hosting for each domain?

Firegirl, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  10. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You usually own a server so pay $150-300/month to host as many sites that can fit depending on bandwidth usage. The same thing you would do for a white hat site;)

visio, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  11. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    During the last few weeks I have gained a much better understanding of BH. Here is what I think:
    BH and WH mainly differ in one aspect. The BH does everything automated on a massive scale, the WH does everything by hand. I have seen many people here on DP who said how well it worked for them to comment on blogs, well here Mr. BH uses a script to send 100 posts / minute. The WH can tailor their post and thus have a much higher chance of getting approved and sticking, the BH simply does this by writing a generic nice message and hoping that 1% sticks.
    Of course thats oversimplified, since there are other things such as cloaking (giving each one the right content), but how is ad-targetting via phpadsnew not cloaking? Phpadsnew uses an IP database to determine the visitors location. Or how is having a non-flash page for each flash page not cloaking?

andre75, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  12. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well not quite. First of all BH sites will never get links from very highly valuable sites. When there automated spam goes out the only sites it stays on are dead sites or sites that are lower quality. The higher quality sites like DP remove it before it ever gets seen by Google(usually). While if you post it naturally without spamming and just as a resource most will accept it and the higher valued sites will and then you have value.
    BH alot of times targets long-tail phrases which can easily be gained by white hat methods and you can keep them. I bet you with a dual between white hat and black hat I could get a ranking first even if the bh had automated software.

I am in the process of writing a post on black hat. Maybe I will post it when I am done.

visio, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  13. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right. For the most part thats true, but a BH site couldn't even get natural links, because its usually so sh***y.
    I am slowly seeing the benefits of unique good content now and I am convinced that I should spend most of my time doing just that.
    Nevertheless, if I see some forum posts I think a halfway intelligent script could do better.
    I don't disagree that a WH site can outrank a BH site at any time, due to its strong quality BL, but a new BH domain will be indexed faster than a new WH domain (from then on the WH will come out ahead, but thats when the BH guy has already made his money and moved on).

andre75, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  14. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not quite true either. I can index a domain in 24 hours or less.
    Content is where it all begins or ends. I have seen this with my sites. With my seo sites they do well because I know seo(sorry to boast). but some of my other sites which are closer to topics I do not know that much about don't do hardly as well. In a WH setting if you know what your writing, talking and discussing about you are leaps ahead of alot of sites. This is what starts success. People can tell when you love what your doing.

Ps. I know where your at. Don't worry. If you want to try BH go right ahead. I think in the long run a lot of reading on WH seo and alot of work will prove WH is best in the end.

One thing though BH really is not easier than WH seo. Yes you can create the content automatically and get links automatically but it isn't quite as easy as that. There are BH seo who do really well and it is easy for them but then I believe those same BHs could be spending their time doing wh sites and could make alot more money. I truly believe that. There are cases where I am sure this is not true.

visio, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  15. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I can get hundreds of aged pr4-7 backlinks overnight. Your average black hat may not be able to pull this off, but it is definitely possible. These are links from authority sites.

andre, most of the differences between black and white lie in the automation side of things.

1EightT, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  16. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And client side. What the visitor gets in each is vastly different.

And your "pr4-7" links is why Matt lied about the edu extension.

visio, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  17. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not going to get into another discussion with you but traffic is king, period. You can have all the content in the world but if you don't know how to market it you are broke. You have all the traffic in the world and you will have somewhere to send it until the day you die. Even a moron with traffic will make some money sending to just about any program on the internet, targetted or not.

30k Challenge, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  18. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I'll agree with you there. Traffic is king when it comes to $. That's the entire reason I do what I do. It's all a traffic game.

1EightT, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  19. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A moron with 50,000 people is sure to sell something to someone. But a smart webmaster with 50 people can make more. Content is king and always will be. Traffic is meaningless if it is not targeted and doesn't buy.

visio, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  20. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Having the best of both worlds is where a good black hat lies. My traffic is very targeted, and I get a ton of it. My conversion rates are far better than 90+ percent of the white hat domains I have seen. I've tried selling affiliate products on white hat sites for years. I make more in a day with my targeted black hat traffic than I did in 6 months of "targeted" white hat traffic.

1EightT, Feb 7, 2007 IP