1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BL update

Discussion in 'Google' started by enQuira, Sep 3, 2005.

1. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    frankm, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  2. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    The update seems near complete.

On McDar's tool 36 out of the 39 DCs listed show the new number for me.

/*tom*/

longcall911, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  3. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    Great. They dumped one more, and found another 50,000 or so they aren't showing...

That domain should have been banned long ago. All the banned sites I have found in the last few days are 302's, sites that got away with obvious stuff like text-display:none in the css (inline css, at that), and really small text - for quite awhile.

NetMidWest, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  4. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Googleguy claims it was not an actual update, or so he says at WBW... If he really exists. :)

aeiouy, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  5. markhutch

markhutch Peon

Best Answers:
    I belive he really exists. We haven't heard much from him lately. I think he just pop into the forum to clear up that this wasn't an update before news that is was got out into the main stream media. Kind of like crowd control. :) Just my opinion. Once this so called update got a name, he had to say something if it wasn't true.

markhutch, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  6. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    I was seeing different old link results across several d/c's last night, and again for a few this morning. As I tried to pin down three d/c's with different results, I found the different old results and the new results only. Going back over mcdar's dance tool, the old link results are gone.

Going to mcdar's link popularity tool, I see that my new link count shows this morning, where last night it showed 0.

On mcdar's datacenter q-check, using the check for b/l update radio button, I see that 66.249.87.104 shows 0, and the others show either my old number (37), the new number (1720) or the new old links number (36).
    66.249.87.104 shows the old links right this moment...

So three different results on: 66.249.87.104, 216.239.59.99, 216.239.57.99

Last night I could not find the old links - 37 of them - and the q-check showed 0 on those showing the new old links.

Anybody showing something similar? Where did these 'new old results' - consisting mainly of the same links, with a few diffs, including several DP posts, come from? Why is the q-check reporting 0 for anything if they do exist?

Edit: I tried to recheck 66.249.87.104, got a 502 error - please try in 30 secs - and got the new old results. Really dancing, odd.

NetMidWest, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  7. brenda

brenda Peon

Best Answers:
    I am working on this site that have a good listing in yahoo and average or below average alexa, avg number of links, but has a PR0 and google only show results of my backlinks when I enter only the domain name "ghostpapers" i.e without the ".com" and "http://www". And the funny part is the results show more than 800 results, and within results shows complete address in the listings with the prefixes e.g: "http://www.ghostpapers.com" some lof them are useless too.

When I search for the complete address it shows nothing and with the "link:" command it shows only 2 results. Yahoo shows a great number of backlinks, but not google. Please review my site and only let me know that is there a "Problem with my site or or a mistake in google"..

----------------------------------------
    KATRINA RELIEF - DONATE NOW
    http://www.redcross.org/

brenda, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  8. Jan

Jan Peon

Best Answers:
    Google only shows a sample of backlinks.
    A search for "www.ghostpapers.com" gives 841 results. With the "http://" included it gives 110. :)

Jan, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  9. Martin275

Martin275 Peon

Best Answers:
    If it has 40K links and only PR5, then maybe many of those links are spam? Google doesn't like sites that submit links to blogs and seems to have a way to detect this kind of spamming. Not passing judgement, but that may be a reason.

Martin275, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  10. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why does this happen?

emil2k, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  11. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    to confuse DP members

enQuira, Sep 14, 2005 IP