1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BingAds steals clicks

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by Sifro, Nov 3, 2013.

Last year, some time after the alliance between Yahoo! and Bing, I started advertising on the yahoo\bing network through the old platform hosted on Yahoo (adCenter wasn't available for my country)

Results? A disaster. An unrealistic CTR and an even more unrealistic amount of clicks.
    I showed them that 90% of those clicks were absolutely fake, even by writing my own tracking script (google analytics, in their opinion, wasn't reliable, but of course it was right and they were wrong).

I wasted a lot of time but in the end, they recognized hundreds of fake clicks, and promised me a refund. I never received it of course.

Now i wanted to give them another chance as the system actually in use (BingADS) is indeed available for my country.

Results? Exactly the same.
    LOADS of absolutely non-existing clicks are being counted, but i cannot see them anywhere on my server.

It's a shame, and I can't wait to call "customer support" tomorrow to see what they will say.

Sifro, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  2. Sifro

Sifro Member

Best Answers:
    UPDATE: maybe bingads isn't to blame this time. These clicks might be coming from Bing's partner sites, so I have to make more scientific tests before blaming them.

Sifro, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  3. MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG Member

Best Answers:
    i hope they get better we need competition

and why not using adwords ?

MonsterMMORPG, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  4. Sifro

Sifro Member

Best Answers:
    HI, i am using adwords, i just want more traffic :)

Anyway, the number of clicks now is good, and there are no major discrepancies between bingads and analytics.

I'm still seeing several problems that make adwords 10x better, but click fraud, as far as i can see, is not a problem.

Sifro, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  5. kjrocker

kjrocker Active Member

Best Answers:
    i allow clicks and traffic from bing/yahoo`s own properties and traffic quality is fine for me however about partners not all of them but most of them send crappy traffic

kjrocker, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  6. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stop advertising in platform which is not giving you result.

Also, for Bing its better to advertise using just search network with your exact match keyword of closely related keywords.

AppyArry, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  7. Jacob Philip

Jacob Philip Member

Best Answers:
    I heard about some company making the false click and earning. Microsoft taking action agaisnt them but they are doing nothing to warn in thier in-house. Such a two side pollicy by MS.

Jacob Philip, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  8. Umer Hafeez

Umer Hafeez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google adword ROI is enormous, I am thinking to minimize my cost with Bing

Umer Hafeez, Feb 13, 2014 IP