1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing Traffic Drop - Algo Update October 2018

Discussion in 'Bing' started by adby, Aug 27, 2019.

Hello,

In October 2018, my site had a sudden drop in traffic from Bing.com (about 90%). Earlier, traffic was stable for several years.

Since then, I have contacted Bing Webmaster Support several times, but I have always received the answer that they cannot give guidelines for specific websites and have told me to follow the Bing Webmaster Guidelines - that's all.

However, a few days ago I got a reply from "High-level engineering team" with information that .... "we released an algorithmic update a while back ... There was nothing targeted at you specifically".

Is there anyone who had a similar situation at that time? I am trying to find factors whose impact has changed during this algorithm update. I have already introduced a number of changes to the website, added tons of new content, but for now, to no avail.

Is there anyone who may have similar experiences?

adby, Aug 27, 2019 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always remember that search engines are always udpating its algorithm to provide the best quality information to the users. Focus on your website on how to provide the users need.

KylieSweet, Sep 10, 2019 IP
  3. adby

adby Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your post, but I'm looking for valuable information.

adby, Sep 11, 2019 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What KylieSweet wrote is valuable only.
    Search engines are moving towards artificial intelligence, where their bots try to understand the page like a human.
    Just like humans do not like keyword spamming, likewise search bots too have started disliking it, and "detecting" it.
    2005 SEO rules do not apply anymore.

You need to write informative content, long and descriptive articles, with multiple varients of your main keywords.

JEET, Nov 20, 2019 IP