1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing Results Not Showing Up?

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by dmcgraw, Sep 24, 2013.

I'm tracking 13 keywords and up until about 2 months ago I always averaged about 8 being in the top 25 at any given time. Suddenly I noticed they started "dropping" (at least out of the top 25) and now I'm down to 2. There was one last week that was at position 8 that this week is supposedly not in the top 25 but when I manually check using incognito mode in Chrome it's at #9. Same with a few other results. If I spot check them they're in the top 25 but the keyword tracker claims they're not.

Any idea why this would be?

dmcgraw, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you have an example of a keyword/URL combo (exactly as entered) you think it's reporting incorrectly? It might be Bing is just doing more personalized results or something since the tracker is going to report as if the user is in the location of the server running the PHP script.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    digitalpoint, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  3. dmcgraw

dmcgraw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well occasionally we spot check to make sure the numbers reported are accurate, and 99% of the time they are. Recently we realized that a lot of Bing ones had dropped outside of 25 and weren't showing back up so I spot checked bing and noticed 4 or 5 that were not being reported but when I search and count spots manually I find they are in the top 25. This is all incognito so cookies and customized results (theoretically) shouldn't affect it or have relatively little. The server running the script is based out of Texas (we're based out of Georgia) so don't see that having too much difference.

One example is "panel mount monitor" which was at #8 last Monday but was not detected this Monday but was at #9 on Monday (and right now actually).

dmcgraw, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well next time you see it happen, let me know the keyword/URL combo (exactly as entered) and I'll go digging...

digitalpoint, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  5. dmcgraw

dmcgraw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check every monday so I'll let you know! Thanks!

dmcgraw, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  6. dmcgraw

dmcgraw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay so getting around to this again. We've had two other results on Bing that are in the top 10 drop off completely. When I spot checked (read: opened Google Chrome in Incognito mode, typed in search, and counted position not including ads or non-website entries) I found that quite a few that 3 different keywords that had dropped off are currently in the top 20 that should be coming up. Would you like me to PM you those keywords?

dmcgraw, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sure, I can look into it, but would need to know the exact URL/keyword combo you are using.

digitalpoint, Oct 14, 2013 IP